Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2012, 02:35 PM

77 posts, read 140,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davi78239 View Post
Seems like certain things are so quick to close down in sa but yet in other markets like Houston and Dallas they stay open or have been in business there forever by the time we get the franchise here. Always wondered why that was. Are we just to in to our taquerias here and are local stuff (Whataburger, Bill miller, sea island, Eddies taco house)? Is this part of our "small town mentality"? I've also always wondered why only one pappadeaux in this town of almost 2 million peeps.
Houston and Dallas have three times the population. Apples and oranges and believe me, places close in both markets like they do here. Don't over analyze things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2012, 09:49 PM

715 posts, read 1,356,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenelements View Post
Houston and Dallas have three times the population. Apples and oranges and believe me, places close in both markets like they do here. Don't over analyze things.

Ok. I'm sorry.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:24 PM

782 posts, read 1,105,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davi78239 View Post
Are we just to in to our taquerias here and are local stuff (Whataburger, Bill miller, sea island, Eddies taco house)?
Ok, pulled this out of a post a page or two back ... I just have to ask though, what is it with Bill Miller BBQ? I've been several times and maybe I'm the odd one, but it is so poor in my opinion. Absolutely uninspired, poor quality BBQ. It was the McDonalds of BBQ quality wise but with prices too high for the quality you are getting ...

Am I the only one who feels this way? I am just stunned and amazed that this place stays open let alone has as many locations as it does ...

Old 10-04-2012, 07:55 PM

4,269 posts, read 8,171,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texantodd View Post
Ok, pulled this out of a post a page or two back ... I just have to ask though, what is it with Bill Miller BBQ? I've been several times and maybe I'm the odd one, but it is so poor in my opinion. Absolutely uninspired, poor quality BBQ. It was the McDonalds of BBQ quality wise but with prices too high for the quality you are getting ...

Am I the only one who feels this way? I am just stunned and amazed that this place stays open let alone has as many locations as it does ...
Agreed... the only thing I enjoy from there is the breakfast tacos

Old 10-04-2012, 08:19 PM

715 posts, read 1,356,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
Agreed... the only thing I enjoy from there is the breakfast tacos
Diddo on the breakfast tacos. Bill miller use to be good way back. Then they decreased servings and quality went down and of course prices went up. Samething with taco cabana. They've really gone downhill over the years.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:03 PM

948 posts, read 1,841,926 times
I also agree on BM. I do like their chicken strip meal and they have a good CFS, about as good as can be expected from a drive thru window. Their pancakes are also good. It's ironic that their best stuff is nowhere near BBQ related. I've never been impressed with sea island. Bay seas is much better as is j Anthony hell ill even take Fred's Fish Fry over SI.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:28 AM

4,433 posts, read 5,346,276 times
Quote:

How are the prices high?

2.50 for 1/4 pound of lean brisket?

$8.00 can feed me and my SO at lunch and we are both full.

I agree the quality might be lacking but it is a cheap FAST place to grab a bite.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:56 AM

782 posts, read 1,105,673 times
I was in SA for for work for about four months, almost two years ago so I was going from memory. I just remember thinking it was one of the worst BBQs I had ever had (and I did give it two trys in case it was an off day), and I recall thinking it was overpriced for what I got. Maybe that price was because of what I ordered, maybe it was because my memory is wrong on the price ... But it definately was very poor.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:18 AM

4,433 posts, read 5,346,276 times
Quote:
I was in SA for for work for about four months, almost two years ago so I was going from memory. I just remember thinking it was one of the worst BBQs I had ever had (and I did give it two trys in case it was an off day), and I recall thinking it was overpriced for what I got. Maybe that price was because of what I ordered, maybe it was because my memory is wrong on the price ... But it definately was very poor.
Yea I agree with you on the quality not being good.

But you have to keep in mind they are on just as many concerns at McDonalds. Bill Miller's is competting with fast food chains for the masses that are to busy in the rat race we call life to care about quality.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:30 AM

545 posts, read 1,061,589 times
Bill Miller's is just about as good as Rudy's and beyond that there aren't many options in this town for BBQ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio