U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 05:11 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,512,197 times

Advertisements

The Trophy Ridge neighborhood made the news! What an awesome story for an awesome hood!

http://www.ksat.com/news/22497603/detail.html#story (broken link)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 05:22 PM

4,146 posts, read 9,876,492 times
Very cool! Good job homeowners!!!

Old 02-09-2010, 06:21 PM

6,882 posts, read 19,249,181 times
Nice!!

Old 02-09-2010, 07:18 PM

3,490 posts, read 18,791,592 times
It pays to get involved. I'm glad the people had the gumption to stand up to the builder. They won.....great story.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:28 PM

5,642 posts, read 14,829,094 times
The problem I have with this is that fining the developer is not enough. They just end up passing the cost on to the consumer/buyer of the next tract of land.

Fining a company never works...if it did...then we wouldn't have things like coal plants still polluting our skies. What needs to happen is have coordinated efforts by consumers not to purchase certain products.

There's really no clear cut answer here. But fines will never work.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:49 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,512,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
The problem I have with this is that fining the developer is not enough. They just end up passing the cost on to the consumer/buyer of the next tract of land.

Fining a company never works...if it did...then we wouldn't have things like coal plants still polluting our skies. What needs to happen is have coordinated efforts by consumers not to purchase certain products.

There's really no clear cut answer here. But fines will never work.
I get that TxNick, I really do. The good thing is the homeowners are VERY proactive and WILL pass along the name of the builder who did this. Also, this particular builder who did this has two other builders in the neighborhood as competition and who WILL keep the trees. It increases home values. It will be very clear when home buyers come to look at the lots and notice the ones with and without trees.

Oh, and the video shows Sivage signs, they are NOT the builder who clear cut the trees though. I feel bad that it looks like their name is mud.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:43 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,130,762 times
<WARNING ~ Trophy Ridge fangirl posting!!>

Nick, you're right ~ *fining* them never works. However, Moki summed it up well! TR is a close knit community who took action quickly. The developer in question was only able to clear about 2 lots before the forces moved in, if I remember correctly! That's some swift action! KUDOS!! Also like she said, there are 2 other developers who did NOT clear cut trees (Sivage and TriStone). From what I can see, both these developers are working diligently to preserve the trees and the overall "natural" feel of the neighborhood.

I <heart> Trophy Ridge. It's such a cool neighborhood. Great people, great place. A gem!

Old 02-10-2010, 10:46 AM

221 posts, read 529,887 times
Trees are very important...wasn't there an ordinance in the late 80's early 90's to stop the developers and builders from cutting the trees? If so it would be nice to have it back!

You TR residents are lucky to live in a lovely treed neighborhood...its sounds like the community meeting went well...more residents across SA need to take a stance like you guys did for something you believe in and care for....it is your home afterall!!!

I am glad you guys got a chance to get to know Tristone they are my personal fav(I love supporting local business) hopefully when my family is ready to make the jump AGAIN it will be with them....glad to here they are working to keep the trees! THANK GOD!!!!!

Old 02-10-2010, 11:00 AM
RGJ

1,902 posts, read 4,355,065 times
So, who's the bad builder?

Old 02-10-2010, 04:07 PM

6 posts, read 12,900 times
There are 3 builders in Trophy Ridge. Tristone, Lennar, Sivage. Without naming the tree killing builder.... take a guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio