Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 11:30 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times

Advertisements

Last time I drove up that direction at around 4:45 PM, it took at least 30 minutes to get from a few miles south of Wiseman to Bandera Rd. That was on either a Wednesday or a Thursday. It was basically just waiting through one stop light to the next from Culebra/151 north. I guess if you can handle just sitting there for your entire commute, it wouldn't be bad, but I'd rather get my teeth pulled...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 07:19 PM

1 posts, read 827 times
Look at Alamo Ranch! We live right around the corner from the new elementary school Hoffman and Love it!! You would probably be five to ten minutes from work. Of course no big lots, but a great house and a great neighborhood. We live in the Pulte subdivision and have for the past three years. We have three, soon to be four boys in the new school and have nothing but good things to say about it. I would NOT want to do that drive from Fair Oaks. No way, no how~!!

Old 02-16-2010, 08:11 PM

181 posts, read 611,512 times
The neighborhood off Westover is the Estates of Westover Hills. They have some bigger lots and some decent homes. There's also another neighborhood just off 1604 and past the 151 exit on your right, sorry, I'm terrible with names.

I agree that it's probably nothing like Fair Oaks but that would be such a long commute. Perhaps you could try a month or so in one of the apartments in the Wiseman/Westover area and decide from there?

Old 02-16-2010, 08:36 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,734,315 times
If it's a house with some land and depending on whether you're building, buying, renting, look outside 1604 past Sea World in that general area.
Rolling Oaks subdivision(has older and newer homes), even Medina County. Castroville, Mico, etc. But I would stay away from Briggs Ranch until some things are sorted out....

Last edited by RGJ; 02-16-2010 at 08:40 PM.. Reason: add

Old 02-17-2010, 09:26 PM

45 posts, read 190,290 times
Agree with the 45-50 minute commute time.

I live in Boerne and was also driving to the Seaworld area. I used to leave the house around 7am and be in office before 8am. Leaving work in the early afternoon around 4:30pm and I would be home around 5:30pm. But, that was with all that never-ending construction on I-10. Once all of the construction is over it might improve a bit.

For me, it was worth living outside of San Antonio and driving in. Just grit your teeth, play some soothing music, ignore the stop/start/stop/start/stop on 1604 and you'll be fine!

AlphaBravo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio