Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 12:11 PM

2 posts, read 29,041 times

Advertisements

I need SOMEONES HELP!! I know it's possible but I need some ideas on where to get married under $1000! I want to get married somewhere outside that doesn't require a number of how many people are attending. I was planning on just going to a restaurant afterward to have the reception. But the part of actually getting married has been stressing me out! HELP please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 12:29 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
Try...

Inexpensive Wedding Reception Venues

Wedding at Black Swan Inn?? Anyone?

...or simply this

Old 02-19-2010, 01:08 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,750,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprnbabe05 View Post
I need SOMEONES HELP!! I know it's possible but I need some ideas on where to get married under $1000! I want to get married somewhere outside that doesn't require a number of how many people are attending. I was planning on just going to a restaurant afterward to have the reception. But the part of actually getting married has been stressing me out! HELP please
My suggestion would be a friends or family's backyard if the weather is good during the time of year you choose to get married. Rent some chairs and check out the knot for decoration ideas. If its the actual ceremony, look up local justice of peace who can point you in the right direction for someone who can perform the ceremony on your chosen date for you at the locale of your choice.

Best of luck!

Old 02-19-2010, 01:13 PM

1,123 posts, read 5,331,039 times
Find a park close to your reception location. You may have to pay a small fee (we had to pay $25) but it was worth it.

When you find an independant preacher, they may have some very good ideas for free wedding locations too. Museums and monuments may have pretty gardens on the grounds that you can use for a very simple service.

Take a look at a local map and you will many public lands that you never thought about before. Good luck and don't stress!!!

Old 02-19-2010, 02:02 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,288,551 times
This website really helped us a couple of years ago San Antonio Wedding Guide - Facilities Directory (http://saweddings.com/facilitiesdirectory1.shtml - broken link)

There was a place, and I cannot remember the name of it, that offered "cake and punch" type weddings and couple only weddings where just the bride, groom, witnesses, and officiant are present. I think it cost about $500 and it really seemed very intimate and special. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the facility, but I will try to look it up. Good luck and Congrats!

Old 02-19-2010, 02:04 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,614,577 times
How about Marriage Island? The Official Web Site of The San Antonio River Walk! (http://www.thesanantonioriverwalk.com/Faq/index.asp - broken link) - scroll down. It's worth a call to Parks and Rec to find out about fees.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:07 PM

117 posts, read 343,399 times
Stacylee926 has a great idea. IGO Library near Helotes has a gorgeous backyard area with a wooden path and conrete benches surrounding a huge old Oak tree. There is also a large room next to it as well that could be used for the reception. I don't know if libraries do rentals but it wouldn't hurt to ask. Congrats on the wedding!

Old 02-19-2010, 02:26 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,116,573 times
You can get a Justice of the Peace to perform your ceremony if you are not interested in a religious official. Justices of the Peace Home Page We got Monica Caballero to do ours at Marriage Island downtown. Marriage Island allows 25 people max to be there if you want to go this route; you'll need a permit from the City for $100 for 30 minutes. We did ours for under $1k and we had only 12 guests; it can be done!
Here is a breakdown:
- $425 for all 3 rings at Wal Mart
- $110 for reception location and dinner and Karam Restaurant (now closed)
- $100 for photographer we have known for many years and was just starting out his biz, now charges triple this I believe
- $90 wedding dress (was a prom dress but looked like a wedding dress)
- tiara and veil Go to Michaels, Hobby Lobby for inexpensive
- $10 shoes found them on clearance at Payless
- didn't do invites
- didn't do music
- cake was $65
Congratulations!

Old 02-19-2010, 03:03 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,044,257 times
I just went to a wedding at Bunratty's Pub last weekend. It was a karaoke wedding with a long-haired, western dressed and boot-wearing hippie pastor. I'm sure that was under $1,000.00.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio