Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 07:48 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,339,700 times

Advertisements

Yikes! Woke up this a.m. and realized my kiddo's birthday is just a few weeks away and I still haven't planned a thing. Can anyone offer any suggestions on where I can have a birthday party for a 6-year-old. Want to stay close to the Stone Oak, 1604/281 area.

Read the threads on here about the tea party and salon places, but her class has more boys than girls and I think we need something for both genders. Other classmates have already done the gymnastics and bouncy place.

Would appreciate any ideas....She's been talking about this birthday party since the summer...the pressure is one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 07:50 AM

1,439 posts, read 3,883,847 times
Does she like cooking? I have heard this is a very fun place for birthday parties. My neighbors 7 year old loved it.

Young Chefs Academy of San Antonio - Stone Oak, TX

Old 02-22-2010, 07:58 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
Bowling is fun. Also, what about ice skating?

When I lived over in that neck of the wood$, one of my son's classmates took the whole class to see a movie at the Quarry Theater, and then over to Amy's Ice Cream afterwards. I'm sure it was a pretty spendy little GTG but the kids had a blast.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:41 AM

298 posts, read 945,216 times
We just had a party at the Witte Museum and they kids loved it....and the dinosaur exhibit opens March 6 (something boys love!)

Old 02-22-2010, 02:14 PM

420 posts, read 1,155,474 times
If your willling to ttravel a little farther the San Antonio zoo parties can be a lot of fun. they bring out an animal fo rthe kids and all.

There is also the reopened kiddie park that hosts parties too. It reopens March 1. Kiddie Park - Home

closer to 281 and 1604 there is Love to Swim School. it is an indoor temperature controlled pool/ swim school that does parties.

I also have to say the cooking ones go over very well.

Right now I am planning a 5year old girls party with them dressed as princesses on a chartered riverboat lunch. its what she wants and most of the parents are game for the boat ride.

Old 02-22-2010, 04:47 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,554,994 times
Just booked a party at Game Town Pizza, at the Villages of Stone Oak. Yummy Pizza (really!), really reasonable party prices, and a CLEAN gameroom that you don't need to worry about your kids getting lost in...

GameTown Pizza - San Antonio, TX

Old 02-22-2010, 04:59 PM

73 posts, read 190,660 times
We were at Enchanted Springs in Boerne this last weekend and they were having birthday parties there. They have pony rides, wagon rides and a wild west town. This is their link:

Enchanted Springs Ranch | San Antonio Attractions, Things to do in San Antonio

Old 02-22-2010, 05:05 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,487,306 times
I know you wanted to stay near SO... but I did want to throw a shout out to Mini Town... we had my daughters 7yr old bday there last year and the kids LOVED it!!! --- I thought the price was pretty reasonable as well...

Also, Santikos Movies theaters have a party package... We did this when our oldest turned 9... again, the kids LOVED it... they get a party room for about 1.5 hours... the party person plays games with the kids, we did cake... then the group goes on a tour of the movie projector room and the birthday girl got to turn on the movie projector for the theater... then the kids go down to reserved seats and they each get a kids snack pack --- popcorn, small drink, small candy... they also provide goodie bags which include candy and a piece of movie film...

You get to pick what movie you want the kids to see... they do not provide invites, but I just made some up to look like movie tickets and I put them in a plastic baggies and then put them in a larger plastic bag filled with popcorn... the kids LOVED it!!!

Good Luck and Have Fun!!!

Old 02-22-2010, 05:06 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,339,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pobre View Post
Just booked a party at Game Town Pizza, at the Villages of Stone Oak. Yummy Pizza (really!), really reasonable party prices, and a CLEAN gameroom that you don't need to worry about your kids getting lost in...

GameTown Pizza - San Antonio, TX
I was going to go over there and check that place out. Never been. Also debating about Natural Bridge Caverns -- would be something different for a birthday party, but worry many kids won't come because of the drive.

Thanks for the suggestions...Young Chefs Academy is also on the list. Just worry if that will be enough "activity" for those rambunctious 6-year-old boys. You know -- the ones who make me thank my lucky stars I have girls (And yes, I'll pay my dues when their teenagers, I know)

Here's a side question...at what age do parents start dropping their kids off at birthday parties and not staying for the whole thing??

Old 02-22-2010, 05:11 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,554,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
I was going to go over there and check that place out. Never been. Also debating about Natural Bridge Caverns -- would be something different for a birthday party, but worry many kids won't come because of the drive.

Thanks for the suggestions...Young Chefs Academy is also on the list. Just worry if that will be enough "activity" for those rambunctious 6-year-old boys. You know -- the ones who make me thank my lucky stars I have girls (And yes, I'll pay my dues when their teenagers, I know)

Here's a side question...at what age do parents start dropping their kids off at birthday parties and not staying for the whole thing??
Depends on the parents...

Some will drop off from Kinder on up, others at grade 3 or so. Some parents will hang around if they know other parents. Depending on where you hold it, parents (well, moms) will duck out to run a few errands or shop for part of the party, then return before the party ends. I have always asked parents who don't stay to leave me a phone number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio