Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 10:14 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,339,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmergencyOps View Post
Where would your dogs poop if you had dogs? I assume you meant that you would pick it up...wherever it may fall.
I'm holding out for a non-pooping-peeing-barking-shedding-biting dog myself. When that mutation becomes available, then we'll get a dog.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 05:50 AM

796 posts, read 1,843,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmergencyOps View Post
Where would your dogs poop if you had dogs? I assume you meant that you would pick it up...wherever it may fall.
I always picked up after my dogs...even though their poops were the size of small boulders. I hate dog poop smell just like everyone else does!!

Old 03-02-2010, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
I'm holding out for a non-pooping-peeing-barking-shedding-biting dog myself. When that mutation becomes available, then we'll get a dog.
That would be called a plush toy...those are my husband's favorite kinds of dogs...

Old 03-02-2010, 02:35 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,121,123 times
Non shedding dogs exist: mini schnauzers (my couches are proof of this!), portuguese water dog, among others. The only dog that doesn't bark is the basenji. Unfortunately, all dogs have got to go potty. Correction: any living creature with the exception of humans needs to potty outside.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:45 PM

556 posts, read 2,087,303 times
I suspect you live inside the city limits of San Antonio - and if you do - your neighbors can only have 5 dogs at their residence, unless they are on an excess animal permit, issued by Animal Care Services, which is a process that includes a home visit, proof of vaccinations, microchip, and spay/neuter of all dogs/cats/whatever.

You can place a call to Debbie Allen, the Field Services Manager at Animal Care Services. Her number is 207-6657. I would try and stick with facts, such as there being 10 dogs inside the home and evidence of their feces not being properly disposed of. I would give dates of the situation where the police were at the home and witnessed/reported their findings.

Animal Care Services will come out and investigate. Keep in mind, their goal will likely be to help the individuals living there become 'compliant', so initially, it may seem nothing has changed. I would encourage you to stay in touch with ACS if you see things getting any worse.

The best to you and I hope your situation with the neighbors gets better - it's too bad the property owner isn't more concerned with what she's being told about her property. I would think she'd be appreciative to know that her tenants might need to be checked on.....such a shame all the way around.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
Non shedding dogs exist: mini schnauzers (my couches are proof of this!), portuguese water dog, among others. The only dog that doesn't bark is the basenji. Unfortunately, all dogs have got to go potty. Correction: any living creature with the exception of humans needs to potty outside.
I know someone who trained her schnauzers to poop in a kitty litter box!

Old 03-04-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000 View Post
I know someone who trained her schnauzers to poop in a kitty litter box!
Really?!? It would be too odd for me but they are easily trainable so I can see how she was able to do so!

Old 03-04-2010, 09:21 AM

8 posts, read 13,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastontracks View Post
I live 2 miles from UTSA. At first when I read the title I thought it was going to be me and my roomates and the partying we do. We have a dog, but it's out during the day and inside at night. Whew lol.
I wish you were our neighbors. The renters before the current ones were two girls clearly living off welfare and child support. They wouldn't do anything all day and didn't take care of the home either... they lasted 2 months.

Before them was a single mom with 3 boys, one in grade school and the two older ones out of high school. Them and their friends looked thuggish but they were really cool people. They really taught us not to judge a book by its cover. We would come home and smell the faint smell of weed, but we couldn't care less. They were good working people and it wasn't bothering us so none of our business.

Then the current ones moved in. Ugh.

Also, to update. (Yeah I know I write a lot)

Code compliance went back out but they didn't answer (surprise!) so left a note. A note! No fine, nothing. He said they called him back and told him the bags were because they were waiting for brush pickup. Its supposed to be this month but it hasn't even been scheduled. I told him there might be crap in those bags.

Animal control has had the case open since January but hasn't responded to it. Code compliance said he would 'stay in contact with them.' He said he also sent the property owner a letter. I'm sure that will frighten her [/sarcasm].

My best bet is Councilman Reed. His office replied quickly last week and I updated them today.

It just came to that Spring is coming and with it the heat. The smell is going to be terrible if nothing happens.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:23 AM

8 posts, read 13,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
Correction: any living creature with the exception of humans needs to potty outside.
Not according to my neighbors.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel_Mustard View Post
Not according to my neighbors.
Yeah, unfortunately. Hope you get some relief soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio