Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 03:47 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,651,752 times

Advertisements

I'm sure the owner read this post..... he has nothing else to do.......by the way if you are the owner of a gray BMW at the Jack In The Box off of Bandera and 1604....your light are on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 05:40 PM

7,105 posts, read 11,756,392 times
M2, reread - he's already been in touch w/the SO, who've told him he's free to shoot the animal. I love folks that "move out to the country, then allow their animals to run free. If that animal crosses the fence and attacks livestock I'm in control of, you won't have to worry about it......again.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:39 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,712,313 times
Sounds like a stray or dumped dog. If it's killing livestock, then it probably wouldn't have any qualms about killing a human. Shoot the dog and be done with it.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:32 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,786,653 times
I agree...blast his azz.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:49 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,901,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
M2, reread - he's already been in touch w/the SO, who've told him he's free to shoot the animal. I love folks that "move out to the country, then allow their animals to run free. If that animal crosses the fence and attacks livestock I'm in control of, you won't have to worry about it......again.
TRN

Yep, I missed that. Thanks.

Still, I hope something can be done before the dog gets shot. I love animals but would also shoot one if it endangered me, my family or my property. But I also know it's not the animal's fault, just some owner that doesn't accept the responsibility of owning one...

Cheers! M2

Old 03-02-2010, 08:19 PM

3,982 posts, read 6,702,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGJ View Post
Sounds like a stray or dumped dog. If it's killing livestock, then it probably wouldn't have any qualms about killing a human. Shoot the dog and be done with it.
If he is a dumped dog then the fault lies with the "owner" who dumped him. Why are the humans never culpable? I say animal control should pick up the dog.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:10 PM

67 posts, read 164,966 times
The "animal control" is useless out here, there are more roaming dogs then people. I have seen: a pug, black fluffy dog, chihuahua, two boxers, shepherd mix, a rat terrier, little white fluffy dog, grey and white dog, blue heeler, and an elderly shepherd mix. I live in a rural trailer park, in August a the police had blockaded the road because a man was walking around with a shotgun. There is a mentally unstable man next door, with a colony of feral cats, who goes wandering around picking up random bits of trash and things and taking them to his house to use as lawn ornaments. He elderly parents are trying to take care of him, but are getting too old. His mental illness was caused by a motorcycle crash. One neighbor burned a Mt. Olympus sized heap of trash during the burn ban, almost shot the cop that came to give him a citation. One neighbor has continues fights with her husband/BF. People get drunk and scream at each other. Just today, a drunk woman was walking around sobbing "I want my daddy!". There is a feral pack of kids roaming loose to. My horse and I have been shot at by a brat with a Nerf gun. There is trash everywhere, dirty diapers strewn about. Our landlord is a lying SOB, he got a bunch of morons to put up a fence in May 2009 that has started coming apart, plus the gate was put on backwards, some of the water pipes are not construction grade, they are weak PVC, my dog bumped the spigot and the pipe broke, this is a 25lb dog! The people he let rent before us trashed the place, broken glass, metal, plastic and paper everywhere. They did not have trash service for THREE YEARS! The county spent $1,000 just to remove the trash. The guy tore down the existing fence, punched and shot holes in the shed and broke the windows out. He also stole the doors off the garage. He supposedly went insane when his son drove his car into the lake. According to people who lived here years ago, it was a lovely property owned by an elderly couple with a big garden and a pool. The landlord and his son are so corrupt a well known relater quit because she couldn't stand their "unethical" activities. He lets us use the 50+ acres to walk/ride/hunt and he son has threatened me with a gun when I was up there! Our neighbor who owns his own land has started putting up a fence that looks like something from the middle ages just to escape from this hellhole.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:27 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,786,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
The "animal control" is useless out here, there are more roaming dogs then people. I have seen: a pug, black fluffy dog, chihuahua, two boxers, shepherd mix, a rat terrier, little white fluffy dog, grey and white dog, blue heeler, and an elderly shepherd mix. I live in a rural trailer park, in August a the police had blockaded the road because a man was walking around with a shotgun. There is a mentally unstable man next door, with a colony of feral cats, who goes wandering around picking up random bits of trash and things and taking them to his house to use as lawn ornaments. He elderly parents are trying to take care of him, but are getting too old. His mental illness was caused by a motorcycle crash. One neighbor burned a Mt. Olympus sized heap of trash during the burn ban, almost shot the cop that came to give him a citation. One neighbor has continues fights with her husband/BF. People get drunk and scream at each other. Just today, a drunk woman was walking around sobbing "I want my daddy!". There is a feral pack of kids roaming loose to. My horse and I have been shot at by a brat with a Nerf gun. There is trash everywhere, dirty diapers strewn about. Our landlord is a lying SOB, he got a bunch of morons to put up a fence in May 2009 that has started coming apart, plus the gate was put on backwards, some of the water pipes are not construction grade, they are weak PVC, my dog bumped the spigot and the pipe broke, this is a 25lb dog! The people he let rent before us trashed the place, broken glass, metal, plastic and paper everywhere. They did not have trash service for THREE YEARS! The county spent $1,000 just to remove the trash. The guy tore down the existing fence, punched and shot holes in the shed and broke the windows out. He also stole the doors off the garage. He supposedly went insane when his son drove his car into the lake. According to people who lived here years ago, it was a lovely property owned by an elderly couple with a big garden and a pool. The landlord and his son are so corrupt a well known relater quit because she couldn't stand their "unethical" activities. He lets us use the 50+ acres to walk/ride/hunt and he son has threatened me with a gun when I was up there! Our neighbor who owns his own land has started putting up a fence that looks like something from the middle ages just to escape from this hellhole.
Jesus!!! Is this a joke? I think I've seen this area on an episode of COPS!

Old 03-03-2010, 10:11 AM

67 posts, read 164,966 times
Quote:
Jesus!!! Is this a joke? I think I've seen this area on an episode of COPS!
Nope, not a joke.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:41 AM

556 posts, read 2,081,708 times
Sounds like the pitfalls of living in an area without restrictions......sounds wonderful in theory, but when things go bad - there is very little recourse for those who would like to have some pride of ownership evident in the neighborhood. Sorry you are dealing with this Jesse James - sounds like you have more on your plate than a dog running at large......careful about using that gun on those other issues....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio