Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 03:29 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,370,704 times

Advertisements

Check it out and offer any opinions.....

I wasn't sure what this was.....and fundraiser, a joke or a way to buy publicity.
I'm so disappointed.

So....here's the people's voice! haha! Name your pick in the categories listed on the website and lets see if anything matches.

2010 Downtowns BEST Awards: Celebrating a Decade of Downtown | Downtown Alliance San Antonio

Old 03-09-2010, 03:49 PM

824 posts, read 1,816,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Check it out and offer any opinions.....

I wasn't sure what this was.....and fundraiser, a joke or a way to buy publicity.
I'm so disappointed.

So....here's the people's voice! haha! Name your pick in the categories listed on the website and lets see if anything matches.

2010 Downtowns BEST Awards: Celebrating a Decade of Downtown | Downtown Alliance San Antonio
Downtown Alliance is a non-profit organization that helps to promote the center city (and they do a wonderful job in that effort). Like every other non-profit, they're trying to raise money.

Why are you disappointed?

Old 03-09-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvlpr View Post
Downtown Alliance is a non-profit organization that helps to promote the center city (and they do a wonderful job in that effort). Like every other non-profit, they're trying to raise money.

Why are you disappointed?
I am very familiar with the Downtown Alliance. I was very active in it during the early phases of the Houston Street renewal.

I suppose I would like to see a FUNDRAISER called a FUNDRAISER. It's that simple. Voting the best of anything with money is not a contest.

So...why not vote here for free. Let the people talk? yes?

Asking for FREE nominations similar to the Downtown Alliance criteria....sans the nomination fee.

The 10th Annual Downtown's BEST Awards, hosted by Downtown Alliance, will celebrate a decade of downtown on April 9, 2010 at the Westin Riverwalk. This not-to-be-missed event will recognize the people, organizations, and places that have made significant contributions to Downtown San Antonio, creating a better place to live, work, shop, play, and be entertained.

There are several ways to participate:

(1) Nominate a person, company, project, or event for one of our our annual categories, or make your own! Be creative with our our wildcard entries. NOMINATIONS ARE DUE MARCH 19 at 5pm. Submit a nomination

Before we crown the 2010 winners, we need your help to nominate the best pool of deserving candidates through our Call for Nomination process. You are invited and encouraged to submit a nomination through our online form. There is no limit to the number of nominations you may submit, however, you must complete a different form for EACH entry.

(Disregard) ------>Costs: $99 per nomination, $75 for DTA Members, plus, in honor of this being our 10th Annual BEST Awards, second, third, and fourth nominations for DTA members will be only $10 each.

Categories include:

* Adaptive Use
* Arts & Culture
* Development/Construction
* Event/Marketing/Promotion
* New Business/Office
* Public/Private Partnership
* Residential
* Restaurant/Retail
* “Wild Card”—You name the category!
* Works in Progress
* BEST of the Past Decade (no-fee for this category)
* Downtowner of the Year (no-fee for this category)

Submit a nomination by March 19 at 5pm online by ......

Old 03-09-2010, 05:51 PM

9,852 posts, read 13,704,520 times
It's just a different way of fund-raising. Non-profits have to be creative these days. I'm sure there are perks in actually getting yourself nominated. "It's just a honor to be nominated....even if I had to pay for the nomination."

Development professionals are always trying to be creative. I think it's a good move of their part.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
I am very familiar with the Downtown Alliance. I was very active in it during the early phases of the Houston Street renewal.

I suppose I would like to see a FUNDRAISER called a FUNDRAISER. It's that simple. Voting the best of anything with money is not a contest.

So...why not vote here for free. Let the people talk? yes?

Asking for FREE nominations similar to the Downtown Alliance criteria....sans the nomination fee.

The 10th Annual Downtown's BEST Awards, hosted by Downtown Alliance, will celebrate a decade of downtown on April 9, 2010 at the Westin Riverwalk. This not-to-be-missed event will recognize the people, organizations, and places that have made significant contributions to Downtown San Antonio, creating a better place to live, work, shop, play, and be entertained.

There are several ways to participate:

(1) Nominate a person, company, project, or event for one of our our annual categories, or make your own! Be creative with our our wildcard entries. NOMINATIONS ARE DUE MARCH 19 at 5pm. Submit a nomination

Before we crown the 2010 winners, we need your help to nominate the best pool of deserving candidates through our Call for Nomination process. You are invited and encouraged to submit a nomination through our online form. There is no limit to the number of nominations you may submit, however, you must complete a different form for EACH entry.

(Disregard) ------>Costs: $99 per nomination, $75 for DTA Members, plus, in honor of this being our 10th Annual BEST Awards, second, third, and fourth nominations for DTA members will be only $10 each.

Categories include:

* Adaptive Use
* Arts & Culture
* Development/Construction
* Event/Marketing/Promotion
* New Business/Office
* Public/Private Partnership
* Residential
* Restaurant/Retail
* “Wild Card”—You name the category!
* Works in Progress
* BEST of the Past Decade (no-fee for this category)
* Downtowner of the Year (no-fee for this category)

Submit a nomination by March 19 at 5pm online by ......
Never have I been more attempted to hit the eye-rolling emoticon...

Old 03-10-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Never have I been more attempted to hit the eye-rolling emoticon...
You know dvlpr....I really could give a crap about your opinion. This post isn't about you, for you, or anyway connected to YOU. Hit it and get over it.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:58 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,294,124 times
Quote:
Hit it and get over it.
Thats what she said.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:15 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,891,396 times
Fight nice boys and gurls!!!

Old 03-10-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
You know dvlpr....I really could give a crap about your opinion. This post isn't about you, for you, or anyway connected to YOU. Hit it and get over it.
Nice; keep it classy!!!

But you started the post with a silly, juvenile complaint about a non-profit (that does great work for a good cause) and their fundraiser. If you can't handle the responses, maybe you should keep your outrage to yourself...

Old 03-10-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Nice; keep it classy!!!

But you started the post with a silly, juvenile complaint about a non-profit (that does great work for a good cause) and their fundraiser. If you can't handle the responses, maybe you should keep your outrage to yourself...
classy is as classy does, baby!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio