Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 01:41 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odie91 View Post
I have never once had a cashier check the name on my credit card when making a purchase. Just saying....
Maybe not, but I can almost guarantee that it's being filmed. That's what I was getting at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 01:45 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
Why does anyone think she would share that with the class? "By the way kids, I've really been overspending on the QVC channel lately. Instead of apples next week, can everyone just bring in their allowances instead? mmmkay Now look at the board."

Old 03-15-2010, 04:57 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,365,125 times
Why does this automatically mean she is in financial straits? Just FYI....not all people who have lost jobs, lost income, owe money or have financial difficulties become criminals.

Old 03-15-2010, 05:29 PM

14 posts, read 25,566 times
Quote:
I have never once had a cashier check the name on my credit card when making a purchase. Just saying....

Although some fraudsters may be caught by the cashier ensuring the correct name on the card, this step is not required by MasterCard or Visa, it is a store policy. The lasting financial record of the card actually being used and the signature provided (and possibly the camera if the store is actually willing to release that video and the bank or law enforcement is willing to pursue) along with the word of the card owner is really what will get you caught.

//used to work for a bank.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:38 AM

98 posts, read 122,768 times
Quote:
And this makes it ok for someone to do this? Anyway, integrity is what you do when no one is watching.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:46 AM

90 posts, read 219,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li'l_Bit View Post
And this makes it ok for someone to do this? Anyway, integrity is what you do when no one is watching.
Wait till in the future when scientists develop a card with a tracking signal embedded in it and when its stolen police can use a radar like
device that shows you where the signal is coming from. That would be neat. Also thats teaching children a bad lesson. There are thieves in every
corner of the world.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:24 PM

98 posts, read 122,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMaster View Post
Wait till in the future when scientists develop a card with a tracking signal embedded in it and when its stolen police can use a radar like
device that shows you where the signal is coming from. That would be neat. Also thats teaching children a bad lesson. There are thieves in every
corner of the world.
LoJack for credit cards. I'm confused, though, what is teaching children a bad lesson? Tracking credit cards? Thieves come from every walk of life? They shouldn't steal because it's wrong? What's the bad lesson?

Old 03-16-2010, 03:02 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,451,919 times
I have heard on more than one report that most people who shoplift actually had the means to pay for whatever they took on them at the time they were apprehended. I think that means that sometimes these actions are more an illness and psychological need than actually trying to obtain something they could not otherwise afford to have.

Then again it could be something as stupid as a grudge....Very sad situation whatever the drive was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio