Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2009, 12:15 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,398,172 times

Advertisements

Hey Anthony, how much DID we get in sections of the city, can you tell? I see someone here in Del Webb that looks to have one of those little "neighborhood weather station" polls in his back yard...everyone here that has a rain gauge was overflowing, so looks like 5" for us at the very least.

Would appreciate anyone that could direct me to the "which area of the city got how much rain" site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 12:42 PM

77 posts, read 220,749 times
WunderMap Interactive Radar & Weather Stations : Weather Underground

Here's a map of WX stations in SA that Weather Underground uses. If you click on the station it brings a pop up that has a link to the station's history. The format gives the precip total for the whole week, but since today is the only day in the week so far, it gives the rain total for last night.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:38 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,300,658 times
I wonder how I slept so hard. My daughter was so scared she got in her bathtub and my son was up too. He said they had car alarms and fire alarms going off and the fire department there too. This is in the area near the old Sony building (future NSA Texas home). That's not too far from me, so I'm sure we had nearly the same weather. My dogs paws aren't covered in mud, though, so I know we didn't get the almost 6" of rain the airport got. That's a lot of rain there!.
Weather.com says the dew point is 75 and I think it's at least that. It's freaking nasty humid out. If anyone wants to know what florida feels like, step outside.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:52 PM

5,643 posts, read 15,663,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
Weather.com says the dew point is 75 and I think it's at least that. It's freaking nasty humid out. If anyone wants to know what florida feels like, step outside.
Or what Brownsville feels like in August. I don't know how I did it for so many years. Before school started, I'd be soaked in wetness as we waited outside and then when we'd get into the classroom, everyone would be freezing due to the ice-like conditions of having that sweat turn to cold water on you due to the A/C.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:53 PM

14,637 posts, read 34,918,484 times
It builds character.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:56 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,300,658 times
and makes you sick as a dog

Old 10-04-2009, 05:30 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,909,873 times
Will the aquifer go above 660' now?

Old 10-04-2009, 07:41 PM

448 posts, read 916,236 times
Here's a cool website that gives you total from every Texas county. I got this from
KSAT Weather (ksatweather) on Twitter

here's the website-
CoCoRaHS - Community Collaborative Rain, Hail & Snow Network

Old 10-04-2009, 08:42 PM

160 posts, read 524,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc hokie View Post
WunderMap Interactive Radar & Weather Stations : Weather Underground

Here's a map of WX stations in SA that Weather Underground uses. If you click on the station it brings a pop up that has a link to the station's history. The format gives the precip total for the whole week, but since today is the only day in the week so far, it gives the rain total for last night.

Thanks for the link. I was just checking out some of the links, and I noticed that one of them recorded 6+ inches of rain in a couple of minutes. Then, I noticed somewhere else on the page it listed precip in an inches/per hour format. So I guess this data is specifying rates, and not totals, per se.

Is this a common way to show rainfall amounts? I always thought it was shown as total rainfall per storm, or maybe per day, or night (?). I'm so confused!!

Old 10-04-2009, 08:49 PM

160 posts, read 524,338 times
Okay, I just re-read the link info. I was looking in the Tabular Data section, and it does specify that column for precip as a rate (Says so at the top of the table ). Same thing on the weather graph section.

In the daily summary (at the top of the page), it does list the precip as a total (or what seems to be a total) under the daily tab.

Confused yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio