Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2010, 06:10 AM

18,132 posts, read 25,282,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAguy View Post
It's simple...go to school!!!
Ok,
I'll go ahead and throw my other diploma away and start from zero
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 06:37 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,208,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post

But like I said, I am hedging my bets by taking the Jeep!

Cheers! M2
My Jeep is nice and warm all covered up in the barn.
I will be treking in my 4x4 F250 today.

Doesn't your jeep get a little squirrely on the wet roads?? Mine does

It is sleeting in Bandera right now, but got drier as I headed south to SA this morning.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:18 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,989,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
My Jeep is nice and warm all covered up in the barn.
I will be treking in my 4x4 F250 today.

Doesn't your jeep get a little squirrely on the wet roads?? Mine does

It is sleeting in Bandera right now, but got drier as I headed south to SA this morning.
My Jeep's been a lot better on the wet roads here in SA since I got ride of my Firestone Destination MTs and replaced them with the Wrangler Authorities ATs (which are siped). But with the longer wheelbase and the oil build-up on the local roads due to the long periods between precipitation, it used to be real squirrely!

It's funny, I had the opposite experience...it was damp but not raining in Helotes, but once I got to Lackland AFB it was sleeting!

Be careful out there folks, it looks like it will be a challenging day getting around...

Old 02-23-2010, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAguy View Post
Uhhhh...read your previous comment....jack
Thank God we've got you here to clarify everything!

Maybe you need to go back and read what I wrote, then you will see what I stated a fact...we've had several previous instances this winter where sleet and snow were predicted, and nothing happened.

I think we all realize that weather prediction is not an exact science (but thanks for pointing that out for any who don't! ), but the models used have failed to accurately predict winter storms several times this winter; and based on that, I am not putting as much faith into them as some.

Is that clear enough for ya, jack?

Old 02-23-2010, 07:39 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,208,719 times
My daughter just called me and said it is snowing like crazy in Kerrville and it's sticking.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:51 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,711,475 times
Honestly, I would rather drive in my little Ford Focus on days like this. The C.G. seems more balanced. The Jeep is so darn light that it slides easily. It's good for things like sand, mud, rocks, etc, but not icy/wet roads. Had the same problem with light pickup trucks like the Ford Ranger.

Lets see how many accidents there will be today. Be careful!

Old 02-23-2010, 07:55 AM

It still seems to be moving from the SW to the NE according to the radar map...for the most part missing SA!

Old 02-23-2010, 08:14 AM

3,542 posts, read 8,245,491 times
You will see that the the individual showers are moving to the northeast but the collective system is still pushing off to the east. I expect the radar to fill in a little more through the day.

Also note, the rain/sleet/snow line is pretty steady on that map... that's because radar cannot determine precip type. The shades are based on algorithms programed by computer model estimates on where the rain/snow/sleet is falling. Therefore the most accurate depiction remains personal observation.

As of 9:00 AM, I am getting reports of snow in Bandera County. Cold air is still working southward so I expect a complete snow changeover to occur here in San Antonio by noon (give or take a couple hours).

Old 02-23-2010, 08:30 AM

C'mon, Anthony, I learned in the USAF at that the the most accurate and effective weather forecasting device consisted of a rock and some string...

Old 02-23-2010, 08:33 AM

3,542 posts, read 8,245,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
C'mon, Anthony, I learned in the USAF at that the the most accurate and effective weather forecasting device consisted of a rock and some string...
How could I forget?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio