Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 10:18 PM

36 posts, read 67,943 times

Advertisements

In-n-Out, I hated their fries, like they didn't cook them enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 10:21 PM

898 posts, read 2,563,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Irish View Post
Hallmark/Westland Meat Packing Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is where your beloved In and Out place used to get their cattle from. I will let you go watch the video on youtube that lead to the litigation. I do not eat this stuff not because I am some huge PETA fanatic, but simply due to the health risks associated with eating foods that have a high concentration of saturated fats, trans-fats, sodium, cholesterol, and preservatives. I gave up eating like this years ago, have lost tons of weight, blood pressure is down, cholesterol is down, and I am in the best shape of my life. Yes, it comes down to personal choices but if you look around this city, state, and country it is obvious that people have a hard time making healthy choices. I do not think anyone can argue that obesity is not a concern in these modern times. I am sure I will get alot of disagreement and whatnot, but there is plenty of research out there about how bad this food is for the human body. There is also quite a bit of literature comparing the Western World's eating habits vs the Eastern World's eating habits and the evidence of diseases. You probably know who is at a higher risk. And do not even get me started on school lunches. Stepping off soapbox..........now.
All you have said is correct, but I don't see the harm in indulging once or twice a month. Obviously they make their money off people that go there multiple times a week, which is a problem.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:22 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,556,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verio View Post
All the In-N-Out haters in this thread would be the first ones to defend to the death how great Whataburger is. Regional issues are always funny
You mean Whatacardboard?

If you go to In N Out, you need to know the super secret menu ;-)

I grew up in walking distance to the original In N out (unfortunately just torn down!). They really are good burgers and even better fries. But eh, in the end, we have a gazillion fast food options in SA. No need for another. What I'd LOVE to see is a drive through (because getting kids in and out of a car sucks) which serves great fresh sandwiches, like at Sip. Or Sandwich de Paris (ok, the latter sometimes works as a drive thru if I call them in advance and they'll bring it out to me, but that's only from being a regular).

Old 07-19-2011, 07:50 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,801,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnts71 View Post
San Antonio is becoming the Fast Food capital of the world! they dont call us Fat Antonio for nothing
That is just sad/infuriating. I guess waddling around the city is not enough motivation for people to change their eating lifestyle. Oddly enough they have been running this ad with a mom and son talking about diabetes/obesity. Probably ate too much In N Out trash food. If they do build these terrible places I hope it is nowhere near my house. There are already too many fast food places here. It is disgusting. I would like someone to name at least one healthy, non-fast food place in the 1604/Culebra area. Salad Creations does not count. Look at their menu and you'll see why. I await

Old 07-19-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan View Post
All you have said is correct, but I don't see the harm in indulging once or twice a month. Obviously they make their money off people that go there multiple times a week, which is a problem.
Yeah, I agree. I am not going to say I never go to these restaurants with friends and such. It is knowing what to order on the menu. These places have healthy options you just need to know how to weed through their bullsh*t. With that being said it is rare that I go to a place like In N Out. But like you said sadly there are folks that eat that type of food for every meal for years on end. It is disgusting. Wake up people!

Old 07-19-2011, 08:15 AM

2,155 posts, read 4,581,708 times
Well that's the problem; we need to educate people. I think that fast food restaurants need to make more fresh food with less chemicals, but majority of it is teaching people how to feed themselves and their children. You have people feeding their babies soda in a baby bottle and spending all their money on the dollar menu. San Antonio has a big problem with malnourishment, and a lot of people need to be taught how to cook low budget, but still healthy meals and to include exercise in their daily lives.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:35 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
This is hilarious....folks, it's NONE OF OUR BUSINESS what folks CHOOSE to eat/drink! The line of "it costs us in health care".....c'mon - that's nothing more than a smoke screen that elitists love to use in an attempt to control what OTHERS do with their PERSONAL lives. There's LOTS of things as dangerous - skydiving, motorcycle riding, jogging or riding a bicycle on the streets. If you like what they have, cool - if not, just don't go!

Old 07-19-2011, 08:51 AM

Last time I checked jogging and working out didn't raise my cholesterol, blood pressure, give me Type 2 diabetes, or clog my arteries with huge amonts of sodium. If they want to fill their body with salts, fats, and other sh*t that is their problem, huh??? I think it just sad that America has become a fat, obese, wasteland of nothing but sh*t food and processed out the a** choices to eat. But to say that it does not cost Americans money in the long run is what is wrong with the majority of Americans. They put on the facade of obesity not being their problem. Whether you are fat or not it is your problem. If it isn't your problem you should make it your problem because it is destroying this country and especially this city. "Fat Antonio", cmon that is a fuc*ing disgrace! And yes this city should be more educated on how to eat healthier and on a lower budget. I do not think adding this glorious In N Out burger all over SA is going to solve this city's obesity problem nor will it help this city become active. You might laugh, but when obesity has become the number one health issue in the nation we should have a better mindset/viewpoint and look past the alluring trap these places present to us.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:18 AM

177 posts, read 358,021 times
More ranting on what we should and shouldn't eat... RIDICULOUS!! Last time I checked, nobody has a gun up to your head demanding that you eat at these establishments. This is America, people-- you know, land of individual rights and choices! Ever since the low-fat, low-sugar, low-cal rheotoric has been sold to us, Americans are FATTER than ever. Obesity is a problem because people (adults and children) don't MOVE like we used to. I'm sick of the "well, I have to sit in a cubicle" or "well, it's so hot out I sit and play video games". I don't read labels, I eat regular sugar (gasp), and basically whatever I want... I just know that I have to move to burn "X" amount of calories. It's pretty simple: eat more calories than you burn and you gain weight!

Old 07-19-2011, 10:29 AM

129 posts, read 335,219 times
I can't wait for an In-N-Out to be here, although there are a few Mexican joints already in SA that can use that name to describe their food's future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio