Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 05:21 PM

204 posts, read 940,378 times

Advertisements

My mom said lawn service is included for home owners in Bulverde Gardens (front lawn only). I'm not sure what the dues are though.

I looked at some of the Sitterle homes as suggested but those are way out of my mom's price range. She was trying to keep the price around $200k.

And just to clarify, she isn't specifically looking for a garden home. She just happened to find and like the McMillin homes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 09:26 PM

432 posts, read 3,657,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoUniform View Post
My mom said lawn service is included for home owners in Bulverde Gardens (front lawn only). I'm not sure what the dues are though.

I looked at some of the Sitterle homes as suggested but those are way out of my mom's price range. She was trying to keep the price around $200k.

And just to clarify, she isn't specifically looking for a garden home. She just happened to find and like the McMillin homes.
200k will barely buy you a house at Bulverde Gardens.... when i was looking there for houses, the smallest one they had for sale was $260k. Like i mentioned in a previous post, she can check out Wortham Oaks which is just a couple miles down Evans Road from there.... 200k will buy you a beautiful house there!!

Here are a few for sale around the neighborhood for around 200k (i live there by the way...)

5523 Waldon Walk, San Antonio TX - Trulia

Real Estate Property in San Antonio TX 78261 | Homes.com

21526 Thunder Basin, San Antonio TX 78261 | Homes.com

Old 03-24-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornb17 View Post
200k will barely buy you a house at Bulverde Gardens.... when i was looking there for houses, the smallest one they had for sale was $260k. Like i mentioned in a previous post, she can check out Wortham Oaks which is just a couple miles down Evans Road from there.... 200k will buy you a beautiful house there!!

Here are a few for sale around the neighborhood for around 200k (i live there by the way...)

5523 Waldon Walk, San Antonio TX - Trulia

Real Estate Property in San Antonio TX 78261 | Homes.com

21526 Thunder Basin, San Antonio TX 78261 | Homes.com
Thanks for posting those listings. How is traffic on Evans Rd in the morning going towards 281 or 1604?

Regarding the prices in Bulverde Gardens, they have 2 homes that are move-in ready in the next month, both around $205k. Someone mentioned earlier that a Target was going in next to Bulverde Gardens. Is this confirmed?

Old 03-24-2010, 10:13 PM

432 posts, read 3,657,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoUniform View Post
Thanks for posting those listings. How is traffic on Evans Rd in the morning going towards 281 or 1604?

Regarding the prices in Bulverde Gardens, they have 2 homes that are move-in ready in the next month, both around $205k. Someone mentioned earlier that a Target was going in next to Bulverde Gardens. Is this confirmed?
I found out yesterday that it will be an HEB and a Lowe's.

Regarding traffic, in the morning or afternoon i usually go east on Evans Road to Green Mountain Road and take that to 1604. If i am traveling on the weekend or go home for lunch during the week, i'll take 281 or bulverde and its not too bad. I work right by the airport and it takes me about 25 minutes to get there in the mornings, or back home in afternoon rush hour traffic. At lunch time its less than 15 minutes.

Old 03-28-2010, 10:16 AM

Well she checked out Bulverde Gardens, but they told her the house price on the internet was wrong and that it was $10k MORE! Needless to say, that put a bad taste in her mouth and she quickly left. We spent all day yesterday looking at houses and she put money down on a home being constructed in Saddle Mountain off Evans Rd. We were both skeptical just because it was KB Homes, but these don't look like the normal KB we're used to. I checked out one in the framing stage and one that was completed and they both looked very well constructed. Plus she got more SF, a better lot, better location, for about $25,000 less than Bulverde Gardens. Hope everything works out for her.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:33 PM

3 posts, read 13,273 times
This is the worst builder at there high price point. If you know anything about new home construction history you know of the KB Home issues in the late 90's and earliy 2000. Well same superindents and managers run this company. You will regret it!

This people don't not care about there customers. If they make a mistake don't expect them to correct it. They are of the attitude that if the customer doesn't like it someone else will buy it.

Buying a new home is stressful enough you really don't need to spend so much money on a home that has cracks withing the first 18 months of building. Although they home very nice designs and the stucco is a very nice detail but why would you decide to use stucco in a community right next door to an active quarry that will rattle your home 5 days a week?

I would build shone with any one other than mcmillin. When you purchase a home you should does sp with a company that cares for it's clients.

I am very much an industry insider and can not stress enough don't waste your money. Your home is to precious to allow McMillin Home to be your builder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio