Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 12:23 PM

149 posts, read 434,068 times

Advertisements

It will just depend on the noise level. I checked their website and the band is supposed to only play from 6-9. They didn't shut it off last night until close to midnight.

Sending you a DM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 01:36 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,488,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi45 View Post
Mi Casa Tamales out I-10 West. I cannot imagine why people would eat there since it is that loud. Makes me crazy. I will be calling the SO tonight, I guess. I hate that I have to bug them about it, but calling the restaurant has not be successful.
Funny... I figured you were talking about Mi Casa... A mom in my daughters class at Aue asked if I can hear their music because it is so loud she can hear it in her house... She lives in 1 of the 2 neighborhoods across I-10 also, but I forget which... Anyway, I live in the neighborhood behind Mi Casa... Lost Creek... We live in The Summit part which is by the farm, right behind the restaraunt... And honestly, we don't hear a thing at all in the house... Now if I go outside to do yard work I can hear it, but faintly, not full blown... Also the bands speakers face our direction, so I would think we would hear it more...

We have been to Mi Casa several times and in talking to the manager she asked where we live... When I told her she asked if we could hear the music and I said no... She said they get complaints about it but always from people across the highway, not our subdivision... This was last summer...

It's funny to me that ya'll can hear it so well and I can literally walk to Mi Casa and we don't hear a thing... I've even checked with my neighbors and they don't hear anything either...

Old 03-27-2010, 02:34 PM

149 posts, read 434,068 times
Last summer it took me several weekends to figure out where the music was coming from. I just couldn't believe it would travel as far as it does.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:49 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
there must be some type of channeling effect going on--
which way is the wind blowing generally--and especially at night when the band would be playing

is the restaurant at higher elevation than homes hearing the noise?
is there open ground between the two locations vs areas with taller bldgs or trees (I guess not from the other posts but don't live in SA and not personally familiar with the restaurant)...

the fact that the band was playing longer the other night means that the restaurant was breaking ITS permit--
was there special circumstance like private party?
sometimes in situations like that the private party is supposed to get a special permit--at least in our town...

Old 03-30-2010, 01:43 AM

1 posts, read 3,550 times
Quote:
I live across the highway from a restaurant that has live music on the weekends. The music is so loud, it rattles the windows. I have called and asked them to turn it down with no luck.

Thanks for the info.
There is NOT a noise ordinance in Bexar County. S.A. yes, Bexar no!
There is a disturbing the peace ordinance in Bexar though.

I am a working musician here and I had to do research to figure this out years ago.

I play all club/bars in town and practice in my house. Had the sheriffs come to my house while the sun was still out to tell me all this. I looked it up and he was right.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:03 PM

2 posts, read 6,932 times
Default Mi Casa Tamales Noise

Quote:
Mi Casa Tamales out I-10 West. I cannot imagine why people would eat there since it is that loud. Makes me crazy. I will be calling the SO tonight, I guess. I hate that I have to bug them about it, but calling the restaurant has not be successful.

We live over a mile away, behind this restaurant. The noise is unbelievable. We have to have our tv on to avoid hearing their music inside our house. Any luck with SO? Any other ideas?

Old 04-24-2010, 08:08 PM

2 posts, read 6,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstxcop View Post
Funny... I figured you were talking about Mi Casa... A mom in my daughters class at Aue asked if I can hear their music because it is so loud she can hear it in her house... She lives in 1 of the 2 neighborhoods across I-10 also, but I forget which... Anyway, I live in the neighborhood behind Mi Casa... Lost Creek... We live in The Summit part which is by the farm, right behind the restaraunt... And honestly, we don't hear a thing at all in the house... Now if I go outside to do yard work I can hear it, but faintly, not full blown... Also the bands speakers face our direction, so I would think we would hear it more...

We have been to Mi Casa several times and in talking to the manager she asked where we live... When I told her she asked if we could hear the music and I said no... She said they get complaints about it but always from people across the highway, not our subdivision... This was last summer...

It's funny to me that ya'll can hear it so well and I can literally walk to Mi Casa and we don't hear a thing... I've even checked with my neighbors and they don't hear anything either...
I am so surprised you don't hear much in Lost Creek. We live on Ralph Fair, behind you and we can hear the noise inside our house. It is driving me crazy.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,447 times
Am listening to the rattle of my windows on April 24, 2010 at 11:14 pm in Lost Creek Subdivision. Previously I thought the music stopped at 11, but not tonight. What is SO? Who is that to call.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:39 PM

1,366 posts, read 4,488,200 times
Okay... tonight was the 1st night i could hear the music in my daughters room, which is the first room at the front of the house... i could also hear it if i stood by my front door in the entry way... tonight, the music was LOUD!!! i could hear it clearly when i was outside in the driveway...

The Bellamy Brothers were playing tonight and they had the music up very loud... They finally brought it to a close at apx 1130pm...

Honestly though, this is really the first time since we moved here in Oct. 2009 that we could hear the music in the front part of the house... in the living room, which is in the back of the house, we could not hear it at all, nor could we hear it in the kitchen, which is in the middle of the house...

I feel for those of you that can hear the music on a weekly basis...

Old 05-21-2010, 08:58 PM

23,221 posts, read 29,044,905 times
There are any number of anti-noise sites available on the Internet now.

NoisefreeAmerica.org
Lowertheboom.org
nonoise.org
noiseoff.org

The health effects of loud noise is a subject Americans are least aware of. Loud noise, surprisingly, can even trigger heart attacks with the right people.

I learned, surprisingly, from these sites that Noise is the Number 1 reason for people relocating.

Save yourself the relocation costs, take back your neighborhoods!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio