Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 10:01 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,614,577 times

Advertisements

Mi Casa has a Facebook page. Just sayin'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2011, 10:02 PM

149 posts, read 433,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
Mi Casa has a Facebook page. Just sayin'.

Maybe I'll be forced to sign up for facebook now.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:12 AM

693 posts, read 1,501,756 times
Here is their page Mi Casa Tamales | Facebook

Someone posted "Turn the music down, I can hear it a mile away! Yikes!"

That's messed up you can still hear the noise after all this time. Did they not get in trouble? I thought they were going to do something to fix all the loud noises but I guess not. It is one thing to go to a concert venue to hear loud music but to hear a concert in your backyard is crazy. You guys should go over to the owner's house in the middle of the night blast loud music. Might as well go to every employees house too and see how they like that loud music. Just because you have restaurant and you get music acts to play there doesn't mean you need to have loudest music possible.

Old 04-03-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmusicgal View Post
Here is their page Mi Casa Tamales | Facebook

Someone posted "Turn the music down, I can hear it a mile away! Yikes!"

That's messed up you can still hear the noise after all this time. Did they not get in trouble? I thought they were going to do something to fix all the loud noises but I guess not. It is one thing to go to a concert venue to hear loud music but to hear a concert in your backyard is crazy. You guys should go over to the owner's house in the middle of the night blast loud music. Might as well go to every employees house too and see how they like that loud music. Just because you have restaurant and you get music acts to play there doesn't mean you need to have loudest music possible.
I'll call the county commissioners office again this week, then contact an attorney.

Old 04-03-2011, 03:34 PM

693 posts, read 1,501,756 times
I visited their facebook page and I love how they deleted the comment "Turn the music down, I can hear it a mile away! Yikes!". Why not just leave the comment up Mi Casa? Not like you're is going stop with the anytime soon with the loud music. I have never been and never plan on going to that restaurant since all they care about is themselves. Is it really that hard to turn down the music or do something so the neighbors don't have to hear it? Do these artist not know they're keeping people up at night and shaking walls in homes to play outside at some restaurant?

Y'all should make a facebook fan page and twitter account to get followers to help you out. The more people that know about this the more it will help to make it go away hopefully. Lots of people have facebook and this could be very helpful to get the word out. You could tweet to all the local news stations or even to the Mayor. Not sure how much help the Mayor would be but maybe if he knew about it he could help somehow. Also make sure you take videos of the loud music from in your house and walls shaking. That way you can post it on youtube and facebook for everbody to see. You could e-mail it to all the news stations, Bexar County, and anybody of an importance so they can see what you have to go through every weekend.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmusicgal View Post
I visited their facebook page and I love how they deleted the comment "Turn the music down, I can hear it a mile away! Yikes!". Why not just leave the comment up Mi Casa? Not like you're is going stop with the anytime soon with the loud music. I have never been and never plan on going to that restaurant since all they care about is themselves. Is it really that hard to turn down the music or do something so the neighbors don't have to hear it? Do these artist not know they're keeping people up at night and shaking walls in homes to play outside at some restaurant?

Y'all should make a facebook fan page and twitter account to get followers to help you out. The more people that know about this the more it will help to make it go away hopefully. Lots of people have facebook and this could be very helpful to get the word out. You could tweet to all the local news stations or even to the Mayor. Not sure how much help the Mayor would be but maybe if he knew about it he could help somehow. Also make sure you take videos of the loud music from in your house and walls shaking. That way you can post it on youtube and facebook for everbody to see. You could e-mail it to all the news stations, Bexar County, and anybody of an importance so they can see what you have to go through every weekend.

I will keep all this in mind. I do hope we can get a response without having to go this far. Not counting on it though.

Old 04-17-2011, 07:50 AM

5 posts, read 37,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyIsis View Post
I am new and just posted about this. I've learned you must call the Sheriff's office at 335-6000. I just called once. You do it more than once?
I actually called twice on this night - an officer never showed up and the dispatcher told me I was the only one she had taken a call from on this night. I have a hard time believing that. An officer friend of mine told me to call every 30 minutes until someone shows up and if I feel that the dispatcher isn't turning in my calls to an officer to get their dispatcher number.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boycott Mi Casa View Post
I actually called twice on this night - an officer never showed up and the dispatcher told me I was the only one she had taken a call from on this night. I have a hard time believing that. An officer friend of mine told me to call every 30 minutes until someone shows up and if I feel that the dispatcher isn't turning in my calls to an officer to get their dispatcher number.

I called several times on that night as well.

I heard the music last night (4-16), but it was much better than it has been.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:25 AM

Check out the facebook page - Boycott Mi Casa!! Urge all your friends to like this page and post as often as possible. It could even be used to make a case if enough people post about the excessive noise.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi45 View Post
I called several times on that night as well.

I heard the music last night (4-16), but it was much better than it has been.
I agree GiGi - I heard it louder during the day, but not as much after dark. That's really all I'm asking for - some sense of decency!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio