Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 04:27 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,292,219 times

Advertisements

What?? I was expecting some crazy hello kitty pink .... i dont know if it was the lighting, but it looks more like a salmon color and I happen to think it is pretty nice! And I also have no interest in the Liberty Bar whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 04:44 PM

3,109 posts, read 9,839,572 times

Old 03-31-2010, 06:27 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
If that is what it looked like before, the pink is a HUGE improvement..

and perti either has great taste or she loves agreeing with me

Old 03-31-2010, 08:22 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,556,254 times
I was by there today. From the description I was expecting PINK. It's far more salmon than pink, although it is pretty bright.

Not my favourite colour, but it works. And if you look across the street, there's a house - mostly obscured by trees - that is basically the same colour only lighter. The colour will likely fade a bit, and in a couple of years be a nice shade of salmon.

As for neighbors complaining, I'm willing to bet "many" = a small minority. I've yet to meet someone in the neighborhood who is complaining about it. I'm sure they exist, but it's not like the whole 'hood is up in arms.

Historic society had to approve it, and they're pretty particular about what they approve, so I'm ok with it.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:26 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,617,303 times
I like it.

Old 03-31-2010, 10:03 PM

580 posts, read 1,429,784 times
When my folks came through for a visit a few weeks ago they stayed at a bed and breakfast in King William. They said that the owners could not stop complaining about the color of the new Liberty Bar. To my parents, the negativity was really off-putting. They even said that the owners were thinking about contacting the news to see if they could get a story on it. Could one of them be the OP???

Old 03-31-2010, 10:08 PM

69 posts, read 186,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneOf48 View Post
When my folks came through for a visit a few weeks ago they stayed at a bed and breakfast in King William. They said that the owners could not stop complaining about the color of the new Liberty Bar. To my parents, the negativity was really off-putting. They even said that the owners were thinking about contacting the news to see if they could get a story on it. Could one of them be the OP???
ha nah, im thinking about living at st. benedicts so i went to go see the apts and thats when i saw the bar, i was shocked so i asked a worker if it was going to stay that color....

i guess you really have to go down there and see it to see how bad it is... its not surprising that everyone in the neighborhood is pissed

Old 03-31-2010, 10:56 PM

824 posts, read 1,816,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave72 View Post
ha nah, im thinking about living at st. benedicts so i went to go see the apts and thats when i saw the bar, i was shocked so i asked a worker if it was going to stay that color....

i guess you really have to go down there and see it to see how bad it is... its not surprising that everyone in the neighborhood is pissed
Yeah, but 'everyone in the neighborhood' isn't pissed, my friend. Far from it. I know several people who live at St. B's, and they think it's great. I know many people who live in King William, and they think it's great.

Your particular taste doesn't determine what other people can/can't (or, more accurately, 'should/shouldn't') do with their property. If you can't handle a strong creative/independent bend, maybe KW/Southtown isn't the place for you.

Old 04-01-2010, 04:35 AM

20 posts, read 63,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave72 View Post
Liberty Bar's new pink facade has some neighbors seeing red | kens5.com | San Antonio News, Weather, Sports, Traffic, Entertainment, Video and Photos

wow, I guess I wasnt alone when I made this thread. its so ugly Kens 5 put an article about it on its front page!

really guys, watch the video, look at the bar, its friggin ugly as the day is long, dont buy the b.s.

In San Antonio's King William District, "odd" is usually accepted.

It's one of the city's artful areas, but something new now has many fuming mad.
The cause is actually something familiar -- the popular Liberty Bar has moved into a building on South Alamo.
The Liberty Bar is famous for its leaning frame, and now it is changing its address and its color.
Many neighborhood residents are upset, arguing that pink is not "the new black."
They say it simply doesn't match.
A viewer sent KENS 5 an e-mail saying the color makes the building south-town's new brothel. It's "disgraceful" and has "no class at all," the e-mailer says.
Bloggers on a San Antonio Internet forum call it "an abomination."
But for all those "seeing red," this pink is staying put.
The president of the Conservation Society says it meets all required standards.
That man actually says the color has grown on him..
We tried to talk to the owner of the Liberty Bar, but he's out of town, and the manager didn't call us back.
The new location and its very bright color are scheduled to open next month.
Oh my God, get over it man! If you like it or not, they are not gonna change the color to make (apparently ) one person happy!

They way you describe it ... my god.. I saw the video and the first thing that cross my mind was WELCOME TO SAN ANTONIO! This is why our Tourist love our city!! I so like it !!

Old 04-01-2010, 05:09 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
"I don't like it" translates to "Nobody likes it".. typical
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio