Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 11:35 AM

3,468 posts, read 8,555,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave72 View Post
you gotta be kidding me...

please someone else go look at the new building and tell me the color looks good
where's the "raises hand" smilie???

I've been by there a few times recently, and I like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 11:58 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
I think the pink color works good for the building and the whole concept. Not a fan of the color itself however.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:53 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
I haven't seen the building, but maybe the color choice might have been a marketing choice as much as a historical one? If your business is in the only building on its street that's pink, that makes your business much easier to find!

I imagine people will lament the loss of the leaning building when the Liberty Bar moves. This building will be distinctive for a different reason.

There's a house on the same street, but a few blocks west of the current Liberty Bar location that's painted pink. If you know the area, you know exactly which house I'm referring to, since it's the only pink house on that street. That's a good example of how the color will make the new location memorable.

Last edited by Bo; 04-01-2010 at 07:23 AM.. Reason: I had mixed up east and west

Old 03-30-2010, 07:26 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,617,303 times
I already miss the lean of the Liberty Bar and they haven't even moved yet!

Old 03-30-2010, 09:08 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
KENS 5 just showed this thread in a story on the 10:00 newscast about the building's new color. The story's not on the web site yet. A couple of posts above just got more famous.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:59 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
Awww, Bowie was on the ball last night and beat me to it. I forget what they called us, something like a local online forum or something. I suppose that is pretty fitting and nicer than they could have been

BTW, I think the building looks pretty nice. Color is a good thing as long as the paint job looks professional and this one did.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:29 AM

83 posts, read 235,492 times
I grew up in Southtown and when I first saw the newly painted building I smiled, I found it very fitting and was glad to see the owners took a chance. I really like it, and like others have suggested the color is interesting and exciting albeit wont replace the iconic lean but at least create more distinction and character.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:02 PM

69 posts, read 186,488 times
Liberty Bar's new pink facade has some neighbors seeing red | kens5.com | San Antonio News, Weather, Sports, Traffic, Entertainment, Video and Photos

wow, I guess I wasnt alone when I made this thread. its so ugly Kens 5 put an article about it on its front page!

really guys, watch the video, look at the bar, its friggin ugly as the day is long, dont buy the b.s.

In San Antonio's King William District, "odd" is usually accepted.

It's one of the city's artful areas, but something new now has many fuming mad.
The cause is actually something familiar -- the popular Liberty Bar has moved into a building on South Alamo.
The Liberty Bar is famous for its leaning frame, and now it is changing its address and its color.
Many neighborhood residents are upset, arguing that pink is not "the new black."
They say it simply doesn't match.
A viewer sent KENS 5 an e-mail saying the color makes the building south-town's new brothel. It's "disgraceful" and has "no class at all," the e-mailer says.
Bloggers on a San Antonio Internet forum call it "an abomination."
But for all those "seeing red," this pink is staying put.
The president of the Conservation Society says it meets all required standards.
That man actually says the color has grown on him..
We tried to talk to the owner of the Liberty Bar, but he's out of town, and the manager didn't call us back.
The new location and its very bright color are scheduled to open next month.

Last edited by dave72; 03-31-2010 at 04:10 PM..

Old 03-31-2010, 04:21 PM

580 posts, read 1,429,784 times
Just saw the video. And I think it looks . . . .

GREAT! I have no vested interest in this issue at all, and my own opinion is that it's quite a nice color.

Sorry, haters.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:23 PM

824 posts, read 1,816,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave72 View Post
Liberty Bar's new pink facade has some neighbors seeing red | kens5.com | San Antonio News, Weather, Sports, Traffic, Entertainment, Video and Photos

wow, I guess I wasnt alone when I made this thread. its so ugly Kens 5 put an article about it on its front page!

really guys, watch the video, look at the bar, its friggin ugly as the day is long, dont buy the b.s.

In San Antonio's King William District, "odd" is usually accepted.

It's one of the city's artful areas, but something new now has many fuming mad.
The cause is actually something familiar -- the popular Liberty Bar has moved into a building on South Alamo.
The Liberty Bar is famous for its leaning frame, and now it is changing its address and its color.
Many neighborhood residents are upset, arguing that pink is not "the new black."
They say it simply doesn't match.
A viewer sent KENS 5 an e-mail saying the color makes the building south-town's new brothel. It's "disgraceful" and has "no class at all," the e-mailer says.
Bloggers on a San Antonio Internet forum call it "an abomination."
But for all those "seeing red," this pink is staying put.
The president of the Conservation Society says it meets all required standards.
That man actually says the color has grown on him..
We tried to talk to the owner of the Liberty Bar, but he's out of town, and the manager didn't call us back.
The new location and its very bright color are scheduled to open next month.
You might not like it, but so far, this board doesn't share your opinion, my man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio