Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 06:38 PM

923 posts, read 1,502,374 times

Advertisements

I need to know if anyone knows how to go up the chain of command to file a complaint against Bexar Met. I need a CEO name or the name of an official at whatever regulatory agency oversees Bexar Met.

After 12 years of never missing a payment to BexarMet, they have turned off my water and won't turn it back on.

Basically since I built and moved in to my new home they have still been crediting my payments to my old account for the old house. So I have a huge credit on an account for a house that I don't even own anymore, and they consider my account on the house I now live in to be delinquent.

My wife and I spent an hour on the phone trying to get this straightened out and they would not budge an inch. I even said forget the credit on the other account for now, let me just make a payment to you immediately; they took my payment info over the phone and then said no one could turn the water on until tomorrow because nobody was available after 5 (they don't consider this an emergency since it's not a leak). Very convenient to tell me that AFTER they took my money.

We asked to speak to a manager and the girl would not put one on the phone, said she was the acting manager and there was no one higher that could speak to us.

Customer service was absolute zero, worst I have ever experienced (I do tech support, so I have reasonable expectations in this regard).

And yes, I am aware of the political corruption and fraud that has been going on at Bexar Met, I was on the board of the HOA at my old neighborhood.

If anyone knows the agency or commission that oversees Bexar Met, please post a reply, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 06:55 PM

824 posts, read 1,815,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chud View Post
I need to know if anyone knows how to go up the chain of command to file a complaint against Bexar Met. I need a CEO name or the name of an official at whatever regulatory agency oversees Bexar Met.

After 12 years of never missing a payment to BexarMet, they have turned off my water and won't turn it back on.

Basically since I built and moved in to my new home they have still been crediting my payments to my old account for the old house. So I have a huge credit on an account for a house that I don't even own anymore, and they consider my account on the house I now live in to be delinquent.

My wife and I spent an hour on the phone trying to get this straightened out and they would not budge an inch. I even said forget the credit on the other account for now, let me just make a payment to you immediately; they took my payment info over the phone and then said no one could turn the water on until tomorrow because nobody was available after 5 (they don't consider this an emergency since it's not a leak). Very convenient to tell me that AFTER they took my money.

We asked to speak to a manager and the girl would not put one on the phone, said she was the acting manager and there was no one higher that could speak to us.

Customer service was absolute zero, worst I have ever experienced (I do tech support, so I have reasonable expectations in this regard).

And yes, I am aware of the political corruption and fraud that has been going on at Bexar Met, I was on the board of the HOA at my old neighborhood.

If anyone knows the agency or commission that oversees Bexar Met, please post a reply, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Call the BMWD Board of Directors. And, of course, it might do some good to call back and (calmly and respectively) ask for someone up the chain of command, and tell them your story.

Many folks thought they'd be shut down during the last legislative session. They are a very...um...difficult company...but they have the equivalent of a monopoly (CCN), so you're stuck with them.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:43 PM

Thanks dvlpr. Yeah, that's why I posted the thread asking how to complain, I really have no choice to go to another water provider...they are the only choice in Stone Oak.

I am usually very forgiving when it comes to mistakes with billing issues, I work in I.T. and I know how buggy these billing systems can be, but when the people on the front line customer service are not willing to make an effort to correct things, then things have to be taken to the next level.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:22 PM

1,641 posts, read 2,409,268 times
Looks to me that an emergency exists and, in it so being, bolt cutters and a wrench can be used.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:36 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,830,892 times
File a complaint with the TCEQ AND the PUC. They are pretty heavily regulated, and even if they're "clean" on this, answering a formal complaint is a PITA.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:52 AM

Unbelievable, BexarMet doesn't even open until 9:30 in the morning. They don't even answer their phone until then.
I called the emergency line and talked to a guy who that said yes he saw my work order to turn my water back on. I asked him to please schedule me for first thing in the morning, and not late afternoon. Hopefully they'll be here soon because I can't go to work until they turn the water back on since they won't turn on water unless someone is in the house.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:26 AM

968 posts, read 2,624,028 times
i think a judge might see that case as legitimate, you paid BexarMet to the best of your ability, on time, without fail, and then they shut off your water without notice? i think compensation for having to take time off from work for their error, might be in order.

i did a search and a lot of people hate BexarMet; my sister has also been burned by them.

if only it was easier to get the voting public to band against big government and careless corporations, which BexarMet seems to fit the ticket on both accounts.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:55 AM

Well I got frustrated with waiting for someone to show up and turn my water back on, so I went outside to see what kind of padlock they had put on my meter, and...there wasn't one!
I grabbed a wrench and turned the water back on by myself.
Boy do I feel stupid for not looking at that sooner.
Anyway, issue resolved, no thanks to BexarMet.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:54 PM

1 posts, read 3,532 times
Sir,
I will be glad to address your question and or have our Director of Customer Service contact you regarding your concerns. Do not hesitate to contact me at the number and or e-mail listed below.

Mike Lopez
Director of Public Affairs
mblopez@bexarmet.org
210-357-5732

Old 03-30-2010, 02:45 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,732,863 times
With SAWS, generally speaking, unless you've had a history of turning the water back on after they turn it off, they don't put locks on the meter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio