Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 08:54 PM

86 posts, read 314,528 times

Advertisements

Any recommendations? There are 253 cardiologists on our insurance in the county, so I don't even know where to start.

Need someone who will REALLY LISTEN. I guess everyone wants that, but still - we've been to so many doctors who seem to just run my husband through the "motions" and he is so tired of it. I feel so bad for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 06:56 AM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,732,179 times
Try Dr. Ryan Bourne at NE Cardiology. He put in a couple of stints on me about year ago and he really does take the time to talk to you.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:14 PM

7 posts, read 25,665 times
I am a RN, and I would recommend Cardiologist Dr. Donovan in the medical center area. As far as Rheumatology I would recommend Dr. Nelson. I beleive his first name is Mark. I hope this helps.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:40 PM
RGJ

1,903 posts, read 4,732,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornandraisedSA View Post
Any recommendations? There are 253 cardiologists on our insurance in the county, so I don't even know where to start.

Need someone who will REALLY LISTEN. I guess everyone wants that, but still - we've been to so many doctors who seem to just run my husband through the "motions" and he is so tired of it. I feel so bad for him.
A lot depends on what side of town you are on and what hospital the doctor goes to...I'd start there and then narrow the list down...

Old 01-20-2010, 10:22 AM

Thanks so much to both of you Yes, I agree that closer is better, but at the same time, we were willing to drive if it meant getting someone really great, kwim? So that's why I left the area of town non-specific.

As far as cardiologists, Dr. Bourne is not on our insurance. Dr. Donovan is, but yesterday a family member recommended Dr. Baum and we were able to get an appt next week (which I thought was pretty good given I was told it can take 3 or 4 weeks to see him normally). So we will probably go with that, but I'll keep Dr. Donovan in mind if hubby wants a second opinion.

Dr. Nelson is not on our insurance under Rheumatologists - anyone else? We made an appt with Dr. Allan for mid Februrary and a friend recommended Dr. Stolow (after I had made the appt with Dr. Allan) but I haven't called him yet. I also noticed Dr. Fischbach -who I think is a former neighbor of our family when I was in middle school in SA. I haven't called him yet either. In my opinion, I think my hubby needs the Rheumatologist more than the Cardiologist, but he wants to see both.

Thanks again for your help!!!!

Old 01-20-2010, 09:27 PM

337 posts, read 826,191 times
Rheumatologist I would suggest Dr. Rennie-he is in the Stone Oak area. I have been seeing him for about a year and he is wonderful (only one I have ever used). I was sent to him by a Neurosurgeon and he always takes as much time as either of us need and his staff is great too.

Good luck!

Old 01-21-2010, 12:19 AM

546 posts, read 1,499,493 times
I have Dr.Eric Stocker with Cardiology clinic of san antonio. Very awesome and thorough.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:19 PM

Thanks again to others who've replied Dr. Rennie is in the same practice as Dr. Allan (who we have the appt with). The wait for Dr. Rennie was a week longer, so that's why we just went with Dr. Allan.

I'll make a note on Dr. Stocker and call there if he feels the need to see a 2nd cardiologist (although I really do think his issue is a Rheumatology related one).

thank you!!!!

Old 01-21-2010, 07:34 PM

337 posts, read 826,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornandraisedSA View Post
Thanks again to others who've replied Dr. Rennie is in the same practice as Dr. Allan (who we have the appt with). The wait for Dr. Rennie was a week longer, so that's why we just went with Dr. Allan.

I'll make a note on Dr. Stocker and call there if he feels the need to see a 2nd cardiologist (although I really do think his issue is a Rheumatology related one).

thank you!!!!
I saw Dr. Rennie this morning. If they are in the same practice, then you should be in very capable hands.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. 01 Snake View Post
I saw Dr. Rennie this morning. If they are in the same practice, then you should be in very capable hands.
good to know!! I almost called back and changed to Dr. Rennie after your recommendation, but he really does want to get in as fast as possible, so we'll just stick with Dr. Allan

Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio