Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2010, 09:46 PM

84 posts, read 156,497 times

Advertisements

So I've been down in sa for a day for a job interview. After the interview was over I headed to the riverwalk to do some shopping. I wanted to pick up day of the dead figurines for someone. Unfortunately these were very overpriced. Anyone have any idea of a shop that sells these at a reasonable cost? If it makes any differance, I'm staying in the med district.

On a side note... I was driving on 410 and I noticed a large pyramid shaped bank of america. What neighborhood is that located in? I must finish my very authentic tacos now...
Thanks in advanced
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2010, 09:50 PM

1,690 posts, read 3,600,444 times
Those day of the dead figurines are much cheaper in Mexico, but what with the violence over there, I don't think you want to go over there now. The Bank of America you saw is very close to the Castle Hills neighborhood where I am. Judging from your user name, what kind of kung fu do you practice? Just wondering.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:01 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,819,078 times
You can get them at El Mercado. It's downtown on West Commerce street away from the riverwalk. That's going to be the least expensive without going to Mexico.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:31 PM

84 posts, read 156,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhugeliang1 View Post
Those day of the dead figurines are much cheaper in Mexico, but what with the violence over there, I don't think you want to go over there now. The Bank of America you saw is very close to the Castle Hills neighborhood where I am. Judging from your user name, what kind of kung fu do you practice? Just wondering.
Wing tsun kung fu. When I make my move I plan to train at Stats about all US cities - real estate, relocation info, house prices, home value estimator, recent sales, cost of living, crime, race, income, photos, education, maps, weather, houses, schools, neighborhoods, and more

Old 04-06-2010, 11:42 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,779,757 times
I didn't know "Dead Link" had a location in SA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio