Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2010, 09:34 PM

8 posts, read 34,088 times

Advertisements

Hi there!

My husband is being relocated to either Lackland AFB or Fort Sam Houston and we are looking for a good neighborhood and school district. I have heard that the Northeast ISD is great, and people have said that Hollywood Park is great, but I don't know anything about it. Is it a safe neighborhood? Good for kids (we have a 3 year old)? Friendly people? Good restaurants, shops? Or is it a bit more rural? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Jessica
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 09:41 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,407,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacklandbound View Post
Hi there!

My husband is being relocated to either Lackland AFB or Fort Sam Houston and we are looking for a good neighborhood and school district. I have heard that the Northeast ISD is great, and people have said that Hollywood Park is great, but I don't know anything about it. Is it a safe neighborhood? Good for kids (we have a 3 year old)? Friendly people? Good restaurants, shops? Or is it a bit more rural? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Jessica
Yup, it's all of that you mentioned except not being rural.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:46 PM

923 posts, read 1,502,522 times
Hi Jessica, Hollywood Park is a nice neighborhood. My friend lives in Hill Country Village which is sort of connected to Hollywood Park. They're both real nice neighborhoods, lots of nice, older, one-story houses on big lots with lots of trees. Both neighborhoods are close to 1604 and 281, so you have a lot of shops and restaurants nearby. Despite their proximity to the highway, both neighborhoods are sort of secluded and quiet though. Kind of the best of both worlds. I think the property taxes might be a bit high though, so do some research beforehand.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:48 PM

8 posts, read 34,088 times
Thanks! Is it possible to find a good house in this area from $250K- $300K?

Old 04-08-2010, 09:59 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,440,032 times
I would check out northwood as well. Much close to either base, neisd schools that are just as good or better than Hollywood park's. Close to Alamo heights eateries, better than chains of far north San Antonio as well IMHO.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:08 PM

923 posts, read 1,502,522 times
Quote:
I think so. Some of the homes are above that, but I think there are also some in that range.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:39 AM

29 posts, read 50,408 times
Quote:
Hi Lacklandbound,

It is possible to find a home in the Hollywood Park area for the price range you are speaking of, but there are a number of factors to consider. Age, Sq ft and amenities of the home. There is a ton of information that can be found online (such as this forum), if your looking for more specific information it may be helpful to contact a professional that specializes in relocation, such as a Realtor.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:27 PM

432 posts, read 3,659,021 times
I've driven through Hollywood Park a couple times, and it is very nice. It not rural as it is located within Loop 1604 and close to 281, but the lots are big, and has tons of trees so it feels rural, moreso than the newer neighborhoods that are in fact in rural areas. its full of deer which adds to the rural feel!

Old 04-09-2010, 09:13 PM

9,851 posts, read 13,696,195 times
Someone will steer you towards the westcreek area sooner or later. book it.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:22 PM

156 posts, read 304,374 times
I live in Hollywood Park. We moved here about 2 yrs ago--relocated from out of state. You can definitely find a home here in your price range, but one that has lots of updates will probably be more expensive per sq ft than some newer neighborhoods nearby. The newer homes will be on a tiny lot though and not likely to have many trees. It's a trade off.

Here is a link to city's website: Town of Hollywood Park

From the website: "The Town of Hollywood Park has a population of approximately 3,000 residents. The Town's population is a diverse mix of doctors, teachers, businessmen, active and retired military personnel, lawyers, retirees, and young families just starting to grow."

Lots of HOA sponsored events for families like a 4th of July parade/picnic, Easter Egg Hunt, Halloween Carnival, etc. Nice park and pool.

Feel free to message me if there is anything else you'd like to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio