Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 08:44 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,471,290 times

Advertisements

I think he was more afraid of being caught and didn't want to return her purse. This is a man against a woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 09:00 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Scum such as this do not deserve to live.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:05 AM

179 posts, read 468,581 times
Wow.....just wow! Some people must have more love and forgiveness in your heart than I have ever heard of. My vigilantism must be confusing my sense of moral right. I always felt it only took one intentional killing (read: speeding and weaving) to be come a cold blooded murderer, no matter the reason (read: so he wouldn't get caught). I am very interested to know the amount of people you need to kill or the very specific reason that you must kill in order to obtain the status of "cold-blooded" killer. Does he register as maybe a "luke-warm-blooded" killer?

The victim is the only person in the situation who deserves sympathy and peace. My prayers go to the family of the victim and the family of the murderer. I cannot imagine the pain and suffering they are experiencing from the actions of the murderer.

P.S. I have always wondered how the people who defend these obvious criminals would feel if they or someone they love was the victim. How stupid would they call the acts of thier loved ones defending thier lives and property? I'm sure they would say they would not change, but I still wonder. Guess its that vigilantism!

Old 10-19-2010, 09:08 AM

he might have been simply too afraid to stop, he maybe thought she was going to harm him

I think this is possibly the most pathetic thing I have ever read on this forum.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:21 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,874,074 times
I don't think anyone is giving the criminal any sympathy Dementius. A view that simply does not condemn but wonders at all the reasons why might seem foreign to some but rest assured it is not offering sympathy towards the criminal. I also appreciate how you understand that the family of the victim and the family of the murderer are both equally deserving of our prayers. Not many catch onto that or it simply is not expressed due to the greater voice of the mob mentality which is based on plenty of charged emotions.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:23 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,827,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meisha210 View Post
I think he was more afraid of being caught and didn't want to return her purse. This is a man against a woman.
I think you have the order mixed up:

1. He didn't want to return her purse. He worked hard to get it.

2. She was only a woman - he could beat her.

3. He was afraid of getting caught - he had plans for the weekend.

For the life of me, I COMPLETELY fail to understand how anyone could have even the smallest "compassion" for this scum that would steal from someone, and when confronted would undertake actions that any normal person would immediately understand were dangerous.

How would you feel if this same person gets off, breaks into your mothers' house, and then kills her when she walks in on him? Sorry - a thief is one thing. He gets caught, he gives up and is punished - yeah, I don't like a thief, but I'm okay with that. At the point that he crosses the line into behaviour that endangers myself or others - he's now set HIMSELF up as a potential killer, and deserves nothing but what punishment the law will allow, up to and including the death penalty.

If that's too "violent" or "vigilante" for ya, deal with it - because I have NO use for ANYONE that would take property from another, no matter how it's done. I work for what I have, as others do - there is NO excuse that will allow me to "understand" why another feels the right to steal that property.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:25 AM

It is not too 'vigilante' for me, it just is too vigilante period, it is not something for me to really try and condemn in the hopes those who share such attitudes would look beyond their base emotions, I am simply saying it exists in society, this vigilante mindset, and with it comes its own set of problems which most likely played a part here.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:36 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,471,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
I think you have the order mixed up:

1. He didn't want to return her purse. He worked hard to get it.

2. She was only a woman - he could beat her.

3. He was afraid of getting caught - he had plans for the weekend.
I wasn't trying to give an order, I was explaining why I think he didn't see the woman as a threat and the reason why he didn't stop.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:59 AM

Without the theft, if this had been purely someone attacking someone, since there was a struggle, and they got into the drivers seat and took off, the person attacking them jumps on the vehicle, the person being attacked, the driver, fears for their life and drives away....when does the driver stop and say please don't attack me but get off so you don't die? It is not just a legal question but one of morals too and I understand legally he is responsible.

Another scene, you are in a bad side of town and you happen to have an accident, some kid ran in front of your car, not your fault, but his family are mad and coming at you, one jumps on your car, when is it murder, morally, and when is it self defense? I find the lines gray in this certain case and can understand others who see it purely black-n-white.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:12 AM

HE CREATED THE SITUATION. There is no gray area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio