Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 05:36 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,787,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
but that's where I'm confused -- and I know nothing about criminal law so bare with me -- but doesn't there have to be intent in capital murder, while manslaughter is when there was no premeditation -- more of a murder by accident?

I just question whether this guy originally set out to harm this woman. He grabbed the purse and ran. But, the circumstances changed, she jumped on the truck and he reacted. When, in general, does adrenalin and stupidity transpire into premeditation and murder?
Here ya go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
I heard on the radio this morning that he was slamming the brakes to get her off the truck and that he actually hit another vehicle in order to get her off. What a piece of scum and he should never see the light of day again. Cue the mother of the trash...."but he's a good boy"......I hope and pray the little choir angel is charged with capital murder and it sticks.
But in case that doesn't work, in Texas capital muder is defined as:
Intentional murder in the course of committing or attempting to commit a felony offense (such as burglary, robbery, aggravated sexual assault, arson, obstruction or retaliation, or terroristic threat)

IMO capital punishment fits the crime in this case. The human that did this is damaged beyond repair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 05:36 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
I went by there yesterday after all of this happened. The police were still directing traffic on Military northbound through the light. The scene was still being worked. I had thought someone tried to rob the Exxon station, it is sad to hear what actually transpired.

I hope the idiot has some conscience and turns himself in, by doing so he may get lucky and only end up with life in prison. Otherwise, if the police have to track him down, then give him a fair trial followed by an immediate execution! Premeditated or not, he took an innocent life during the commission of a crime and must be held responsible and accountable.

And may the young lady rest in peace…

Old 04-13-2010, 05:47 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
It is a clear case of capital murder and he deserves everything he will get and then some. My biggest fear is that sapd will find a way to ********** up and that is pretty sad to have to think that way. It is also a good time to remind people to not try to be a hero. I remember one time when my wife chased a shoplifter through a parking lot. She was shocked that I got mad at her, but eventually understood that it could have seriously bit her in the a$$ if it took a wrong turn.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:28 AM

410 posts, read 923,218 times
In agreement w Mom2Feebs, TexasRedneck, and Dopo re rude remark (earlier post referencing Darwin Award).

Old 04-13-2010, 07:38 AM

5,142 posts, read 13,116,573 times
Live nearby so I am familiar with that Exxon. The biggest threat at that intersection is the folks panhandling for money. Sad situation all around. Keep your doors locked when you gas up and keep a lookout for folks coming up to you when you are pumping gas. I'm very weary after someone asked me for money at a gas station when I was pumping gas and he kept coming near me. I told him I would scream if he didn't back away. He called me the b word but I didn't want to take a chance.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:50 AM

420 posts, read 1,155,214 times
I hope people learn from this happening.

Keep your car locked while your getting gas. He opened an unlocked car door to grab her purse from the front seat while she got gas. It was a crime of opportunity. Do not give them the opportunity.

Also he was driving a stolen truck and caused her death in act of a crime. It is capital murder.

The only shame is that someone didn't run him over or at least follow him when he ran from the scene.

Old 04-13-2010, 02:07 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
Capital murder in my opinion. Get the needle ready.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:35 PM

340 posts, read 645,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneoak View Post
don't all jump down my throat, but after reading the article I was a bit surprised the robber could face capital murder charges now. Didn't he have to "intentionally" commit murder to face that charge? Had she not jumped on the car, would he have caused her any harm? Was he trying to harm her or just trying to flee, was the accident intentional or was her death just a tragic end to a horrific chain of events. Not defending the robber by any means, just debating the murder charge...
Something to the effect of knowingly killing another person in the commission of a crime (not sure if said crime has to me a felony or misdomeanor). I think her level of involvement has little-to-no effect on charging him with capital murder (crime victim, innocent pedestrian, innocenet motorist, etc).

Old 04-13-2010, 06:38 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,044,257 times
Just my 2 cents. I don't really blame her for doing what she did. I think people are getting fed up with the @&*% that is happening in this city. In the heat of the moment, she probably didn't consider the possible outcomes.

Old 04-13-2010, 06:44 PM

340 posts, read 645,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeet09 View Post
Live nearby so I am familiar with that Exxon. The biggest threat at that intersection is the folks panhandling for money. Sad situation all around. Keep your doors locked when you gas up and keep a lookout for folks coming up to you when you are pumping gas. I'm very weary after someone asked me for money at a gas station when I was pumping gas and he kept coming near me. I told him I would scream if he didn't back away. He called me the b word but I didn't want to take a chance.
Great advice. I am ALWAYS weary of people approaching me at the pump. I feel vulnerable, being outside of my vehicle and them having seen my wallet when I get my card out to pre-pay. At least, as a last resort, I would have a weapon available...the gas nozzle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio