Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 02:00 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times

Advertisements

Again,
I think it should somebody from the region instead of somebody from 1000 miles away
What does he know about the geography of South Central Texas, the rivers, flashfloods, etc?

I watched him for a while a few days ago, and he called Uvalde “a city”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 02:30 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,780,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
Again,
I think it should somebody from the region instead of somebody from 1000 miles away
What does he know about the geography of South Central Texas, the rivers, flashfloods, etc?

I watched him for a while a few days ago, and he called Uvalde “a city”.
I don't get it, Jennifer Broome was brought in from outside the region. But now she's missed.

FYI. Uvalde calls itself a city too.

http://www.uvaldetx.com/content/home

Uvalde also fits the basic definition of "city".

Old 05-19-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonfresh View Post
I don't get it, Jennifer Broome was brought in from outside the region. But now she's missed.
Let me know when you find the post where I said that I miss her.

I wouldn't call "The city of Marion Texas" a city (1200 people)
//www.city-data.com/city/Marion-Texas.html

http://www.cityofmariontx.org/

Old 05-19-2010, 07:35 PM

9 posts, read 29,394 times
Jennifer Broome isn't missed much. Their ratings are so low that there is speculation whether or not they can draw enough revenue to justify continuing their newscasts. Gerard hasn't moved their ratings one way or the other.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:45 PM

490 posts, read 1,094,856 times
... everyone is replaceable...

Old 05-20-2010, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Let me know when you find the post where I said that I miss her.

I wouldn't call "The city of Marion Texas" a city (1200 people)
//www.city-data.com/city/Marion-Texas.html

City of Marion Texas
Bill Taylor isn't a local and came from outside the region.

Steve Browne isn't from here and came to SA after stints in places like Boston, Cleveland and Atlanta.

So which one are you a fan of if Broome wasn't your flavor?

Bottom-line, where they've come from or where they've been doesn't matter. It's like when people on a forum with lots of posts get upset with new comers who don't have as many posts and criticize them for their low post count. Guess what, everyone starts off with low post counts, it doesn't matter.

As for the "city" comment, I was just making the observation that Uvalde calls itself a city so no need to rip on the dude if he chooses to use that word.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV guy View Post
Their ratings are so low that there is speculation whether or not they can draw enough revenue to justify continuing their newscasts.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonfresh View Post
So which one are you a fan of if Broome wasn't your flavor?
Yes, anybody can be good at anything if you give them enough time.

My point is that I think to be a good weatherman the person also has to have good knowledge of the geography and weather history of the area.
It wouldn't surprise me if that new guy thinks that it's normal to get rain every other day in San Antonio.

Old 05-21-2010, 10:52 AM

9,851 posts, read 13,698,680 times
I just think it was kind of dumb to replace her during sweeps. Their ratings are going to drop even more...

Unless...they think they'll get more people to watch because of their riveting news stories like "Secret food items" and then fall in love with the new weather guy.

Whatever. I don't get television media.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Yes, anybody can be good at anything if you give them enough time.

My point is that I think to be a good weatherman the person also has to have good knowledge of the geography and weather history of the area.
Which is something you learn with time. No one comes into a market and knows it instantly.

Quote:
It wouldn't surprise me if that new guy thinks that it's normal to get rain every other day in San Antonio.
Because he called Uvalde a city?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio