Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2010, 11:42 PM

9 posts, read 26,846 times

Advertisements

I visited some friends in Denton this weekend and we went to Afterlife (an awesome rave club, and my first time going to one) and had an amazing time and I wish I could go regularly, but I live here in SA. Are there any clubs here like that? I want to find a rave club where people go to just go crazy to the music and give lightshows and such
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 01:16 AM

693 posts, read 1,501,931 times
Moderator cut: orphaned

No, I haven't gotten his cd yet. Yeah it sucks dance music is not as big here. There used to be a dance radio station here a while back but they changed it to top 40. Crappy hip hop & rap is really popular here.

Last edited by Bo; 04-19-2010 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: orphaned - the post you quoted was deleted

Old 04-19-2010, 01:37 AM

8 posts, read 9,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmusicgal View Post
No, I haven't gotten his cd yet. Yeah it sucks dance music is not as big here. There used to be a dance radio station here a while back but they changed it to top 40. Crappy hip hop & rap is really popular here.
Yeah, I guess its just the culture. I know back when I lived in Miami the dance/electronic thing took over most of the clubs in downtown. Like Space, Mansion...etc.

His new album is okay. Its mostly mixed though with collabos from other artists. But there's a song I like called, "beat that *****" LOL.

I think his best albums so far is I love Miami part 2, I love New York...and I love Montreal....Rhapsody has all his CD's. Where did you hear about him from, has he come to SA before?

Old 04-19-2010, 05:54 AM

1,220 posts, read 2,681,038 times
I agree there isn't a big electronica scene here. I'm a local...I don't take offense that the music scene can be crappy. I still love my hometown, but yes......I'd like to get my groove on! Once in a while we get a concert by Paul Oakenfold and Crystal Method. Sooo that's all I look forward to.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:39 AM

Well this escalated quickly, lol - so...literally no rave club in SA? What about in Austin?

Old 04-19-2010, 12:30 PM

10 posts, read 52,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haberdasher View Post
Well this escalated quickly, lol - so...literally no rave club in SA? What about in Austin?

Tiesto is going to be in Austin this Friday. I'm pretty sure he's the most recognized DJ and one of the most popular. Austin also hosted the Once in a Blue Moon NYE party with Above&Beyond and have had several big name techno guys and big raves within the past couple of months. If you're looking for raves, just keep watch as there's one in Austin every month probably. But then again, Austin is known for it's music scene (among other things ) so lucky for you, you're only an hour away!

Old 04-19-2010, 02:29 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,750,562 times
My hubby and I were at Express in La Cantera and they were playing house/trance music. He asked the kid behind the counter if there was clubs that play this type of music in SA. The guy told him there was only two places he could think of and I can't remember for the life of me but they were near Stone Oak. He also highly recommended Austin..

Old 04-19-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
My hubby and I were at Express in La Cantera and they were playing house/trance music. He asked the kid behind the counter if there was clubs that play this type of music in SA. The guy told him there was only two places he could think of and I can't remember for the life of me but they were near Stone Oak. He also highly recommended Austin..
Could you ask your husband if he remembers? I'd really appreciate it!

Old 04-21-2010, 07:34 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,750,562 times
Sorry Haberdasher..he can't remember the names! The next time I am in Express I will dm you the names.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio