Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 01:27 PM

410 posts, read 923,451 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for feedback from other folks who have bought their phones locally from San Antonio AT&T stores. I haven't had a chance to stop in yet, can customers test out new phones i.e call out and call the display phone directly? I'm looking for a phone with a simple feature i.e. LED indicator that will light up and flash if/when I have a missed call and/or text. My old LG had this and made me happy. I ordered my ATT over phone, just got my new phone in mail (just a basic flip) and it doesn't have this most basic feature. It drives me wacky that i have to push button to check screen if I walk away from phone. I am consdering Samsung Magnet, Samsung Strive ( i think this one has the feature im looking for). I've got 30 days to finalize my decision....Pls tell me about your ATT phone.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 01:34 PM

1,066 posts, read 3,693,344 times
I would suggest going to their Experience Store on 281 & Bitters next to Hooters...that is their flagship store in San Antonio.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:29 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,616,185 times
My Blackberry had a flashy thing like that. My iPhone doesn't (the iPhone is weird - what I consider basic features it doesn't have. Hello).

Anyway. We always go to the AT&T store in Huebner Oaks.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:37 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,504,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
My Blackberry had a flashy thing like that. My iPhone doesn't (the iPhone is weird - what I consider basic features it doesn't have. Hello).

Anyway. We always go to the AT&T store in Huebner Oaks.

I wash shopping around and noticed that too, it doesnt even have a removable battery , plus the plans are ridiculous 49.99 for 450 mins 30 bucks for a data plan 20 for messaging plus 10 for maps and navigation.

while on the other hand sprint has Anymobile for 69.99 which includes data, 450 regular minutes and unlimited mobile to mobile to any network, and messaging, and navigation included.

Old 04-26-2010, 06:47 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,616,185 times
I've only ever had AT&T for cell phones so I'm not going to be switching - I've been really happy with Southwestern Bell/Cingular/AT&T since 1994.

I just should've gotten another Blackberry instead of an iPhone. Oh well. Live and learn. Everyone I know has an iPhone and I got distracted by the label.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:35 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,365,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
I

while on the other hand sprint has Anymobile for 69.99 which includes data, 450 regular minutes and unlimited mobile to mobile to any network, and messaging, and navigation included.
Be careful with those bottom line prices. I purchased Sprints Simply Everything three years ago on a phone (now antiquated) that could barely text and never connected to the internet. It was unlimited calls to anyone. That 99.99 was supposed to be 89.99 because I belonged to a Federal Credit Union....but they won't give you the discount up front until they 'verify' it. I had my CU credit card, checks, bank statement....and was going to pay for it with it! But I still didn't get the credit. They said it would take two months to check it out Later they said it didn't qualify for some ridiculous reason. After the added taxes and usage fees they HAVE TO ADD ON, my monthly bill jumped from 89.99 to 124.00. MONTHLY for one line. I hate them.
Quite a bit of deception going on. Now the CEO is offering the 69.99 unlimited talk, text and web.....but ONLY to other cells. That is NO different than what they had before. Calls to land lines can burn up quickly now that everyone uses their cells for personal business, school contacts, work....everything. UGH! I hate them all.

Here's what I'd like to see. Some smart celluar provider offer to PAY your cancellation fee to get your business and give you a six month trial to opt out! Haha....never gonna see that one! (Googlebot...take that to AT&T)

Old 04-27-2010, 12:46 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,790,688 times
FWIW you can probably get a better deal for whatever phone you're looking for online. Go mess around with it at one of the stores but then get on their website and see if you can do better that way.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:31 AM

410 posts, read 923,451 times
I messed up by being a bit too lazy, not walking into AT&Tstore, actually holding the various units, and asking staff questions re features. Instead I relied on AT&T staff over phone who was selling me service, but they didnt have information I was looking for. So, I'll be heading in this weekend, bright and early. Thanks for the referrals to local SA AT&T stores.

I have several co-workers who have the iphones but even they are constantly having to pick them up and light screen to see if they've missed anything while away from desk/or if its been set on silent. All I ask for is a simple blinking LED light to tell me what I missed. Nothing fancy. I do like fancy phones but not the fancy prices..

Thanks again y'all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio