Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 03:55 PM

410 posts, read 1,676,077 times

Advertisements

I don't go shopping w/o the coupons. I also buy items for extended family members if I know they use them. I save a fortune. Shop at Kroger's and WM. If you watch the sales and are willing to spend a little time clipping you will be pleasantly surprised how much you save each month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 06:03 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,407,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TYJGRND78 View Post
Along side thegroceriegame.com my wife pairs up with CVS and HEB in order to get the saving. We usually end up saing about $60 from a $140 or so bill. Some of the stuff ends up being free. It takes a bit of time at first when starting out, but after a while with some discipline and family involvement, it works.
Fixed link: Coupons, Grocery Coupons - The Grocery Game

Checked the site out briefly. Looks cool.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:26 AM

93 posts, read 358,414 times
The only coupons I use at HEB are the yellow ones- there's no point in wasting my time. If it's on sale and it's something I want, I'll buy it.

I use coupons more at WM, where the prices are already lower and a coupon just helps that much more.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:08 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,630,076 times
I agree that most of the coupons in the Sunday paper are for processed food and items I normally don't buy. So what I do for example is if I need Listerine, I go to the Listerine website and look for a coupon. Or I Google Listerine coupon. 99% of the time I can find a coupone somewhere for the items I use on a regular basis. Like laundry detergent. And also Coupons.com sometimes has 1 or 2 of items I normnally use. I"m retired now so I have the time to do this. I refuse to buy these items without a coupon. If I get 2 coupons, I buy 2 and then I have longer until I need a coupon again. Works for me and wow, am I saving a lot of money.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:38 AM

1 posts, read 931 times
Using coupons is not about what you will or won't use. When looking at coupons, you look at them and ask yourself "how will this make me money?". What you get that you won't use can be donated to the local food bank, homeless shelter or many other organizations. Some of the stuff that you "make money on" can even make you more money at a garage sale or flea market. Just remember, combine coupons with store sales to MAKE MONEY. Here is a quick scenario of how it works here: a local grocery store chain that double and triples coupons has Duncan Hines cake mix on sale for $.88 and I have a coupon for $.50 off ($1.00 when doubled) so, I just made $.12 cents. Granted $.12 isn't much but when multiplied it becomes invaluable. I won't use all that cake mix but I can sell it to the local bakery or at a garage sale for $.50 a box so now that FREE box of cake mix has just made me $.62. You have made money and the person that buys the cake mix got a great deal as well. Even better than that, I can donate it to the local food bank where they can give it to someone as part of their food package OR they can use it to make things for a bake sale and where AGAIN, it makes money. Hope this helps.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:19 PM

1 posts, read 658 times
You should be able to use 2 coupons on the same item if one is the stores and one is the manufactures. I was told to go to the write the corporate office requesting a copy of of the store coupon policy you are planning on shopping at and they will send it to you printed on company letter head addressed to you. keep it in your coupon binder so when the cashiers start to argue with you, you can pull it out and show it to them and ask to speak to a manager if needed. How can they argue with you when you have it in black and white? they cant.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:35 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,644,863 times
I use them sometimes. Kind of hard to do it often with NO double-coupons at the grocery stores...mainly because HEB drove the grocery stores that do that out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio