Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2008, 02:10 AM

57 posts, read 219,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gy2020 View Post
The actual train incident occurred in the late 1920's or early 30's and happened around Arizona or Colorado. From this actual incident, urban legend spread over the country. Over the years, people lost track of the actual event and everyone thinks it happened in their backyard.

So the train tracks in San Antonio are urban legend. It works there because of the incline of the tracks and road and if you put your car in neutral it will roll back or forward.
Not to sound aggressive or anything but I knew some one would eventually mention that because of incline it makes the car roll. But I have done this the proper way which is not to park on the tracks but to stop on the flat part about 10feet or so and put the car in neutral and it will roll across the flat pavement, up the hill, over the tracks,and down. Also felt some presences there and heard kids voices. I was sober, there was no wind and the handprints did appear on the freshly washed car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgannaway89 View Post
I came across this interesting video depicting some of the "ghost" stories of San Antonio.

YouTube - Haunted in San Antonio

Mentioned are the Donkey Lady, La Llorona, the Haunted Rail Tracks, and an old insane asylum. Creeeeepy.

Just wondering,has anyone ever encountered La Llorona? Probably not because to do so means sickness, misfortune or death.( Kind of like the Irish banshee).
Anyone ever seen La Lechusa?

Old 10-27-2008, 03:37 PM

100 posts, read 289,239 times
well sly25:17 i havent seen the " La Llorona " but i have head her moans or crys i gues you can say ... it happen when i was in my teens .. i was home with my mom & dad and cousins .. anyways it was late we were in bed ... when i heard this low moaning cryin sound ... at first i thought ok its late maybe a cat .. but it got louder and louder till it hurt m ears all off us heard it ..i remember geting this ugly feeling that it was right next to our place .. but not to long after hearing this my grandfather had taken sick .. he was pretty healthy ... not saying it was hearing the La Llorona ' but its just strange it hapened not to long after hearing her crys .. years later i heard her crys again .. not to long after hearing that my cousin got hurt ... so i think things happen once you encounter or hear her things happen ... i tell you this much once you hear her you'll never for get ... it ...

Old 10-29-2008, 08:29 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,291,423 times
In case anyone is interested, The Institute of Texan Cultures is hosting a "Late-Night Paranormal Investigation." It sounds pretty interesting and fun, but maybe a bit expensive. Still it might be kinda worth it to check out though especially if you are really into this kind of stuff.

Events - Paranormal Investigation (http://www.texancultures.com/events/paranormal.html - broken link)

Old 11-03-2008, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenda starz View Post
well sly25:17 i havent seen the " La Llorona " but i have head her moans or crys i gues you can say ... it happen when i was in my teens .. i was home with my mom & dad and cousins .. anyways it was late we were in bed ... when i heard this low moaning cryin sound ... at first i thought ok its late maybe a cat .. but it got louder and louder till it hurt m ears all off us heard it ..i remember geting this ugly feeling that it was right next to our place .. but not to long after hearing this my grandfather had taken sick .. he was pretty healthy ... not saying it was hearing the La Llorona ' but its just strange it hapened not to long after hearing her crys .. years later i heard her crys again .. not to long after hearing that my cousin got hurt ... so i think things happen once you encounter or hear her things happen ... i tell you this much once you hear her you'll never for get ... it ...
Thanks for sharing Brenda!

Old 11-07-2008, 10:35 PM

187 posts, read 945,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly25:17 View Post
Not to sound aggressive or anything but I knew some one would eventually mention that because of incline it makes the car roll. But I have done this the proper way which is not to park on the tracks but to stop on the flat part about 10feet or so and put the car in neutral and it will roll across the flat pavement, up the hill, over the tracks,and down. Also felt some presences there and heard kids voices. I was sober, there was no wind and the handprints did appear on the freshly washed car.

I love spooky stuff but i have to say......

if youve ever been in a tilted house the stuff inside is tilted and thehouse is tilted opposite way.

in other words the hill before you may be at a 5 degree angle up but the hill it sits on is at a 7 degree angle. so you are on a 2 degree downslope. it appears and feels like your rolling up hill or on a flat surface but its the bigger hill slope which is carrying you down.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:18 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,987,315 times
maluminse

You are correct, but that is not as fun as believing it is supernatural forces at work!

Cheers! M2

Old 11-17-2008, 04:08 PM

2 posts, read 7,955 times
where is that chineese graveyard located at??

Old 11-17-2008, 04:12 PM

2 posts, read 7,955 times
that ia creepy i would be scared
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly25:17 View Post
Thanks for sharing Brenda!

Old 11-17-2008, 06:24 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,987,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_steph View Post
where is that chineese graveyard located at??
Search this thread...specific directions have given. A

Also, it is private property; so if you plan to do anything other than look through the fence at the cemetery...don't!

Cheers! M2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio