Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2009, 08:33 AM

28 posts, read 123,915 times

Advertisements

I was looking around on craigslist and
came upon a guy who looking for real
stories of people who are experriencing
paranormal activity. All that is needed
is to submitt the story along with pictures
I would like to do this as a group rather than
by myself. Drop me a pm and I will give
you more details.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2009, 01:02 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,665,184 times
I believe MIX 96.1 does something with a local paranormal group every year on their website

Old 10-23-2009, 10:01 PM

13 posts, read 117,942 times
my cousin used to talk about this haunted place in SA where you would put baby powder on the back of your car and park in a certain spot in neutral, and suddenly your car would start to move uphill. Then if you went to look, you could see faint handprints in the baby powder sprinkled on your trunk. anyone know where that is?

Old 10-23-2009, 10:14 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,832,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauritaM View Post
my cousin used to talk about this haunted place in SA where you would put baby powder on the back of your car and park in a certain spot in neutral, and suddenly your car would start to move uphill. Then if you went to look, you could see faint handprints in the baby powder sprinkled on your trunk. anyone know where that is?
Graff Rd. Bergs Mill,Texas.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:53 PM

173 posts, read 598,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
Graff Rd. Bergs Mill,Texas.
I believe he is referencing the "tracks" at Villamaine and Shane road in south Bexar County. This is an absolutely bogus haunt...nothing of any note ever happened there. Folks have bought into it and repeat it like it was gospel.

Old 10-24-2009, 12:23 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,832,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCovertCarry View Post
I believe he is referencing the "tracks" at Villamaine and Shane road in south Bexar County. This is an absolutely bogus haunt...nothing of any note ever happened there. Folks have bought into it and repeat it like it was gospel.
That's true ..this has been rehashed many times. I've known the story since 62' or 63' . Bogus like all other haunt/ghost stories!

Old 10-24-2009, 10:21 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,989,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauritaM View Post
Yep, that's the "plan" if you go to the "haunted train tracks" (but as TCC mentioned, nothing ever happened there). Still, it is fun to put your car in neutral and roll "uphill" over the tracks!

However, if you go out to your car right now and sprinkle baby powder all over the back of it, you will probably see the handprints from your using the trunk/hatch/whatever.

It's like the old phone number people used to call to hear the Donkey Lady, it was simply a fax number but back then they were still pretty new and the "screeching" noise generated could easily be construed as coming from such a creature as a donkey/human.

Last night I was out near the Toyota plant and contemplated going by the Donkey Lady bridge, but I passed. Real or not, that is still a spooky area in the dark!

Cheers! M2

Old 10-24-2009, 02:06 PM

173 posts, read 598,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Yep, that's the "plan" if you go to the "haunted train tracks" (but as TCC mentioned, nothing ever happened there). Still, it is fun to put your car in neutral and roll "uphill" over the tracks!

However, if you go out to your car right now and sprinkle baby powder all over the back of it, you will probably see the handprints from your using the trunk/hatch/whatever.

It's like the old phone number people used to call to hear the Donkey Lady, it was simply a fax number but back then they were still pretty new and the "screeching" noise generated could easily be construed as coming from such a creature as a donkey/human.

Last night I was out near the Toyota plant and contemplated going by the Donkey Lady bridge, but I passed. Real or not, that is still a spooky area in the dark!

Cheers! M2
If anyone goes down there, please be careful. That is a very high crime area and the bad guys like to have a good time as well.

Old 10-25-2009, 11:32 PM

3 posts, read 32,175 times
Lol yeah I went to the tracks the other day and that place is definitely a fluke. All you have to do is look at the entire hillside and see that the tracks are located at the bottom of a decline. I've tried the babypowder experiment with flour instead in order to factor out the chemical reaction issue, and nothing happened. What was really hilarious and made it so obvious that this place was a fluke was that when I went there the other day there was about 3 cars lined up and rolling over the tracks all at the same time, with more lined up waiting. I doubt that 10 ghost kids and a ghost bus driver could be moving cars "uphill" that fast. Gravity might be able to though.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:59 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,391,187 times
Default I heard,

I attended Hot Wells Jr. High during the mid-sixties and heard terrible rumors about how bad the southton facility was for young juvenile delinquents, as they were called back then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles F. View Post
After further research I am now 100% positive that the place is the old Southton School For Boys. I stayed on the left side of the largest building in the photos. It was the non functioning recreation room.

The place was notorious for its ill treatment of its charges, and when the new facility was built in downtown S.A., Southton was shut down. Eventually a new facility was built next door to Southton, and the downtown facility was discontinued.

I called a friend who is now retired from the fire dept., and he told me that after Southton was closed it was used for a short time by the fire dept to store records. It was never used for training.
Because of its remote location they were unable to prevent break-ins, so they in turn abandoned it.

It was NEVER a TB hospital, an insane asylum or home for indigent elderly. There is a stone plague inbedded in the wall of the largest building, clearly stating that it was built in 1915 as a juvenile facility for boys.

A few days ago I was discussing the place at length - what it was like there, so I don't want to go into it all again. Suffice to say that it was a really terrible place, with all sorts of crimes being commited by the staff against their charges. Rapes and beatings were commonplace.

Southton was not a long term confinement facility when I was there. Boys stayed from a few days to several weeks, until their cases were adjudicated. Then, they were either released, or sent to Gatesville.
There were no educational facilities there that I know of. In fact, during my stay there I never even saw any reading material. The recreation room, where I stayed, had a non functioning television, but it didn't mater, as no one was allowed in there anyway. It was used only to house inmates during overcrowding.

When I arrived there they took my shoes, socks and belt (the outside of the building was overgrown with stickers, so taking your shoes and socks hindered escaping). They issued me a worn blanket and a thin mattress, then frog marched me to the rec room, where I remained until my release four days later.
Because my uncle was politically connected, I didn't suffer the abuse the other inmates did, but I observed it.
Other than feeding me, taking me to the toilet or showers, the staff had no contact with me. In fact, they didn't even speak to me.
The morning I was released, my uncle and a lawyer showed up, and their first act was to inspect me for bruises and to ask me if any staff members had mistreated me. The day shift staff stood silently as I replied.

I never returned to Southton.

I'm presently conducting a search to find others who were incarcerated there. I would like to find out what their experiences were. My preferential treatment there was not the norm, and I'll be forever grateful to my late uncle for reaching out and calling in markers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio