Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 10:45 AM

5 posts, read 40,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/M2Repsol/Heubner-OnionHouse.jpg (broken link)

I read where the Huebner-Onion House on Rt 16 is rumored to be haunted (it certainly looks it!). I know Judge John Onion died there while accidently drinking a bottle of Lamp Oil he mistook for wiskey. The property is now being restored by the Leon Valley Historical Society for a future museum; but has anyone been in the place before it was closed up for rennovation??

Cheers! M2
i lived in the inn town suites on the ground floor in the last room closes to this building and i heard many sounds coming from it. i looked out the window one night in the fall of 2003 and saw a light on in the attic and a figure of a woman in the window looking out. she had a sorrowful look apon her face. i told my brother to come look and when he did the figure disappered. it was weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2007, 11:08 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,985,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
i lived in the inn town suites on the ground floor in the last room closes to this building and i heard many sounds coming from it. i looked out the window one night in the fall of 2003 and saw a light on in the attic and a figure of a woman in the window looking out. she had a sorrowful look apon her face. i told my brother to come look and when he did the figure disappered. it was weird.
Coolness! A place can't look like that spooky without being haunted!

I am glad someone has seen an apparition there, as considering the history of the place, you would expect there to be some lingering spirits...

Cheers! M2

Old 10-26-2007, 11:22 AM

yah... it was spooky. i was waiting for my mom another time and i looked outside because i thought it was here and insted it was a male with a long grizzly beard. he was dressed in a top hat and finery. any ways he was stroling by my window looking out at something that was nolonger there. the building was a sagecoach stop for the night on its way to downtown SA.

Last edited by Meeko; 10-26-2007 at 11:26 AM.. Reason: forgot the sagecoach info.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:39 AM

hey i thought i would let you now that my old middle school is haunted to... the school is Sul Ross on the callaghan rd. my old english class near the back of the main building was the classroom where i saw a man the had hung himself and there was a male apparition that walled the halls during class... though i think that most people pay no attention to these spirits and if they do it is usualy on a dark stormy day...

Old 02-20-2008, 09:20 PM

1 posts, read 11,255 times
what is the story behind the devil house. * sorry i havent lived in sa too long

Old 02-21-2008, 04:58 AM

305 posts, read 1,618,382 times
Quote:
Whoo-hoo! A thread revival! I am happy to see this one come back to life, as it was one of the more interesting topics as of late; and gave us a lot of fodder for places to visit on the weekends.

By the way, we did get out to Sandra West's gravesite east of downtown off of Commerce. She is the lady that was buried with her Ferarri 330 America thirty years ago. Not real spooky, and her gravesite is pretty unremarkable (just a small marker for a headstone); but she is a local legend and we had to pay homage to her. Maybe if we went at night we might have heard the distant roar of the exhaust of the Ferarri...

Cheers! M2
I used to work at a brewery that was reportedly haunted. I worked there all hours of the night and the guy that owned the place told me to put the ghosts to work if I ever saw them. Unfortunately, I never saw them. There was one time (I worked in the basement) I heard someone walking upstairs although the building was empty at the time. I raced upstairs but saw nothing.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:47 PM

226 posts, read 865,644 times
Quote:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c209/M2Repsol/Heubner-OnionHouse.jpg (broken link)

I read where the Huebner-Onion House on Rt 16 is rumored to be haunted (it certainly looks it!). I know Judge John Onion died there while accidently drinking a bottle of Lamp Oil he mistook for wiskey. The property is now being restored by the Leon Valley Historical Society for a future museum; but has anyone been in the place before it was closed up for rennovation??

Cheers! M2
That looks... creepy

Old 03-30-2008, 10:47 PM

226 posts, read 865,644 times
Ah, I hate to bring up this old thread again, but I just saw that video for the first time and it gave me chills. That insane asylum looks like a place I would not visit, even during the day.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:08 PM

3,109 posts, read 9,837,956 times
My aunt use to be the head nurse on the night shift at the old state hospital (insame asylum) on S. Presa if that is the same institution you are referring to. She had the stories to tell!

One day an old lady came by my grandmother's house asking for cookies. They came by and picked her up and took her to the State Hospital.

Today, we would just say the person has alzheimers or demintia. Back then they were crazy people. Times change.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:20 PM

3,109 posts, read 9,837,956 times
If you ever get to San Fernando Cemetery on the West side, there are some interesting people buried there, including the last man to be hung in Bexar County and the first man to be executed in Huntsville. I've forgotten the man's name, but the story on the last man was an old Spanish shepherd who didn't have it all together. Some little German boys liked to tease him. The shepherd was very particular about a pond that was used for his sheep. The boys came by and stirred it up infuriating the shepherd. One day one of the boys tripped as he ran away from the shepherd. The shepherd caught up with him and killed the boy. He took the eye of the boy out and went around and bragged about it.
The people in San Antonio were so outraged by the crime that there was nearly a lynching. A trial was had and the man was sentenced to death by hanging and it was carried out in a month or less.
He was hung at old bat cave (the nickname for the jail on Military Plaza).
In todays time he could probably have gotten off for being mentally incompetent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio