Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 11:15 AM

69 posts, read 186,455 times

Advertisements

that ridiculous...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2010, 11:33 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times
Santikos Super Saver tickets just went up or are going up by $2!!!

June 1st. Totally bites.

Old 05-30-2010, 11:37 AM

944 posts, read 2,041,030 times
This is why I hardly ever see movies in the theater anymore. Too expensive.

Old 05-30-2010, 12:17 PM

611 posts, read 2,234,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backliteyes View Post
This is why I hardly ever see movies in the theater anymore. Too expensive.
you mean the masses of loud, disruptive, annoying, potentially violent, knuckleheads did not drive you off years ago

or the horrid prices at the concessions to put up with the above

not to mention the vocal, total and complete losers that the money ends up fueling in hollywood

just say no to the movie theaters let them become another relic of the past that the uncontrolled and coddled masses of society and rampant over pricing for ever worse quality across the board have sent to oblivion

ship movie theaters and 90% of theater patrons to california where they can savage the place yet further....let 90% of the trash they call movies stay there too

Old 05-30-2010, 12:18 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,291,423 times
First run movies at a nice, comfortable theater, Santikos Mayan offers matinees at $4.00 before 1pm everday. Santikos Mayan (http://www.santikos.com/mayanex.php - broken link)

I took my kids there every week during last Summer and combined with my rewards card we saved quite a bit of money.

Old 05-30-2010, 01:05 PM

944 posts, read 2,041,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasVines View Post
you mean the masses of loud, disruptive, annoying, potentially violent, knuckleheads did not drive you off years ago

or the horrid prices at the concessions to put up with the above

not to mention the vocal, total and complete losers that the money ends up fueling in hollywood

just say no to the movie theaters let them become another relic of the past that the uncontrolled and coddled masses of society and rampant over pricing for ever worse quality across the board have sent to oblivion

ship movie theaters and 90% of theater patrons to california where they can savage the place yet further....let 90% of the trash they call movies stay there too
Bitter much? Yeesh.

Some of the things you mentioned don't bother me, some I can get around (your complaint over concession prices leads me to believe you somehow haven't learned how to sneak snacks into a theaer), and some I just accept as par for the course when I go see a movie. If the price of a movie was $2 instead of $10 I could excuse everything else that may annoy me about the experience.

Old 05-30-2010, 01:26 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,947,225 times
Probably has to do with the fact that you can pretty much watch any first-run movie via the internet within days (sometimes even before) of it coming out. It's got to be cutting into their profits big time!

Old 05-30-2010, 01:55 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,407,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
First run movies at a nice, comfortable theater, Santikos Mayan offers matinees at $4.00 before 1pm everday. Santikos Mayan (http://www.santikos.com/mayanex.php - broken link)

I took my kids there every week during last Summer and combined with my rewards card we saved quite a bit of money.
If one doesn't mind driving to Military on the Southside, good deal! This is almost 1 dollar less than what Blockbuster charges for a DVD rental!

Old 05-30-2010, 02:19 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,644,863 times
DH and I stopped going to movie theaters many years ago and haven't missed it since!

Old 05-30-2010, 02:34 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post

Looks like I'll still be checking out movies here on the Southside, perticusrex! Staying put for another 2 years, house thing didn't pan out! Appraisal less than asking price, blah, blah stuff but back to the prices, yes, they are good and before 1pm, it avoids the crowds. I had a rewards card and I've gotten free popcorn, sodas, movie tickets, good stuff!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio