Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 11:45 AM

847 posts, read 1,751,193 times

Advertisements

wife and i are planning on having a lil getaway for our anniversary this month. and i came across Hotel Valencia. i've read several reviews and even did a search here on CD and everyone swears by it being romantic and nice. my question/concern is the parking. i noticed they have Valet, but i don't see a parking garage nearby or connected to the building. i do see a parking lot down the street, is that where the valet will park the vehicle? (all this i see is on Google maps) so it may not be up to date or i may be missing something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2010, 12:16 PM

221 posts, read 561,810 times
yes they valet the cars at a parking garage on the next block...I had my wedding there very romantic....and an easy walk to the Riverwalk Enjoy!!!

Old 06-07-2010, 12:17 PM

779 posts, read 1,660,058 times
that's what i was going to say. i think they use the garage on Travis.
I've used their valet and I know they came down from st. mary's street (which is one way).

i'm sure if you called the hotel they'd confirm.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:23 PM

1,807 posts, read 2,968,633 times
Ask for a corner room.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:28 PM

does it matter which corner? ?

Old 06-07-2010, 04:26 PM

181 posts, read 674,112 times
It's very romantic. My husband proposed to me there because it's our favorite hotel! The valet staff is great. Have a great time!

Old 06-07-2010, 06:29 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,406,200 times
FYI: There's no swiming pool at this hotel. This may or may not be a dealbreaker.

Also, if your room faces N St Mary's street (and you're going on a Friday or Saturday) be prepared to hear car radios, garbage trucks and miscellaneous noises well past midnight the closer you are to ground level.

Their restaurant and bar is great, from what I hear, but also very pricey.

Great ambience and very dark lighting in hallways also contribute to a romantic feel.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:41 PM

we're not worried about a swimming pool, or lack there of.

yeah, we're gonne be there friday and sat. night. i'll try to reserve a room facing the river...

we're expecting to spend a lil bit on food and such....

i've read about the dark lighting, although some of the reviews i've read were negative about the lighting...i think it'd be nice to be dim...

Old 06-28-2010, 05:37 PM

well, we had our anniversary this past weekend at Hotel Valencia.....it was very nice. although i read several bad reviews about how poor the lighting is and how they keep it dim....wife and i actually liked it because it gave it a "romantic" feel to the hotel. the room was very nice, they gave us complimentary champagne and strawberries. all i did was put in the reservation notes that it was our anniversary. apparently , the DO, look at those notes...they even had a personalized "Happy Anniversary" card signed by the staff....

we didn't get to go to V-Bar but it looked pretty chill.... we did go to Citrus restaurant in their lobby and the food was delicious, and again, they asked if we were there for a occassion, and we said it was our anniversary, and the gave us a free dessert. can't remember exactly which one it was, it was caramel/cinnamony...and it was freakin good.

overall, it was a very good experience there, and i highly recommend that hotel. my wife even said she wants to go with her friends since they have a "sex and the city" package....

Old 06-29-2010, 07:56 AM

123 posts, read 450,999 times
Acenar restaurant below the hotel is very good. Order the tableside guacamole at dinner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: