Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 09:37 PM

636 posts, read 2,636,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTRYGIRL7 View Post
Victorville sucks! Very high crime, gangs, alot of drugs and absolutely nothing to do. Everyone is trying to get out, Everyone!
And it's as hot as hell.

Maybe the person who started this thread likes crime, drugs and LIVING ON THE SUN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2007, 02:01 PM

31 posts, read 160,745 times
Hey am kinda in the same situation.. i currently live in el monte ca and my husband and i are looking into victorville. how does the crime compare in victorville to the crime here in el monte? It is very tempting to move out there. The house we are looking to buy is 290,000. I am currently working on my teaching credential and from what i heard thier building schools like crazy there. i have two boys 8 years old and 1 years old. what are the schools like there?

Old 07-24-2007, 04:53 PM

1,749 posts, read 8,315,055 times
Best thing about Victorville is that it has lots of things right next to the freeway so I can do an easy on/off if I want food or gas on the way to somewhere else.

Old 07-24-2007, 07:31 PM

5,284 posts, read 19,990,375 times
Hot and ugly.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:49 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,440,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bAREFOOTgIRLY View Post
Also, how long is the commute from Victorville to Hollywood?
You could almost commute to Las Vegas faster.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:16 AM

35 posts, read 143,363 times
There are some nice things about the desert..... clear beautiful mornings, no fog, star filled nights........ I am leaving though.... so I guess my opinion doesn't count. Cuz all that wind blows the trash that people throw out of their windows, the graffiti showing up everywhere, the robberies and general mayhem outweighs the need to see the stars at night. Good luck to those who stay.... I am out in 8 months.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:31 PM

1,831 posts, read 5,279,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgclyde View Post
There issues of Crime and Gangs because like I stated earlier many low income families are looking for a better way of life certainly more affordable than LA,and Orange Counties allows. Unfortunately, families some with relatives that are active gang members move there. Crime is growing. It is not at LA or Orange Counties levels.
If many of these families are low income ... how did they manage to pay $335K ... which was the average price for a house at the peak of the market? Even with subprime lending?

A lot of people also moved to Texas just so they could pay only $150K for a house so ... what does that make them? Dirt poor low life undesirables?

High desert housing prices have fallen to $280K on average ... which is still a hellava lot more than Texas housing prices so ...

I'm just trying to figure out how all of these low income undesirables are buying houses here when there's much cheaper places they could move to instead.

Last edited by sheri257; 10-08-2007 at 08:09 PM..

Old 10-09-2007, 03:13 AM

113 posts, read 426,054 times
Thumbs up Was looking in the high desert....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri257 View Post
If many of these families are low income ... how did they manage to pay $335K ... which was the average price for a house at the peak of the market? Even with subprime lending?

A lot of people also moved to Texas just so they could pay only $150K for a house so ... what does that make them? Dirt poor low life undesirables?

High desert housing prices have fallen to $280K on average ... which is still a hellava lot more than Texas housing prices so ...

I'm just trying to figure out how all of these low income undesirables are buying houses here when there's much cheaper places they could move to instead.

I was looking in the high desert victoreville/apple valley areas BUT as a long term move with 3 kids me and my wife headed out to dallas TX since prices in ca will drop thru 2009, sold our home in montclair ca and had nearly 200kin equaty and was able to purchase a home built in 2001 almost 3,000sf and pay it off cash, Area cant or will ever compare to ca, there is little to no crime here, schools are on a whole diferent level out here, only compalint would be the weather, its a little hotter than ca but Ive only been here 4 months...check out my neighborhood to get an idea what you can get out here waterviewdfw.com

Old 10-09-2007, 05:27 AM

1,831 posts, read 5,279,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorholic View Post
there is little to no crime here
Little to no crime in Dallas? Think again ... it actually has one of the highest crime rates in the country ... much higher than Victorville or even LA at 753 crimes per 100,000 people.

Even the Dallas Police Chief has acknowledged this.

DALLAS AT THE TIPPING POINT (http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/spe/2004/dallas/crime2.html - broken link)

Just look at the crime stats posted on this board for Dallas and you'll see for yourself. It makes Victorville and LA crime look like nothing.

My point is that if lower income people drive up crime ... the High Desert is still a lot more expensive than places like Texas and Nevada ...

(Las Vegas' crime rate is up a whopping 30 percent just in the last year and their crime rate is also much higher than the High Desert so) ...

With the increase in housing prices .... I just don't see how most people who are moving to the High Desert are low income criminals.

Last edited by sheri257; 10-09-2007 at 05:40 AM..

Old 10-09-2007, 04:15 PM

38 posts, read 122,663 times
Don't, is known also as victimville by the locals. There must be reason for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties