U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2010, 10:16 AM

7 posts, read 16,800 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to southern California and am looking at renting a home in Corona or Riverside area, but want a nice neighborhood to raise my family in. I am open to any inner empire area that is an hour or less commute to Irvine at NON-Rush hour times and is good to raise a family.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 10:53 AM

93 posts, read 254,459 times
(FYI, it's Inland Empire)

To get you the shortest commute, I'd recommend the area off Green River Road. I know a family who lives off Green River and Serfas Club and it's a nice, suburban neighborhood.

To get a little closer to shopping, restaurants, etc. (but add to your commute) look at the Dos Lagos area (off 15 and Cajalco) or Eastvale (off 15 and Limonite). Non-rush hour times you're still looking at a less than an hour commute like you requested.

EDIT:
Looked again at some stuff on Google Maps. I live in Riverside so that's normally where I promote, but went with Corona for commute reasons. BUT, a non-rush hour commute from Riverside still works with what you're looking for so now I'll go back to promoting my favorite city. If you look in Riverside, check out the areas off Pierce Street/Riverwalk Parkway. Or off La Sierra south of the 91 freeway. Those are going to be newer areas. If you want more established, but nice check out Canyon Crest area in Riverside. If you want to go even older/historic then look at the Wood Streets and Downtown. There's also Orangecrest and Mission Grove neighborhoods, but they're a little further off the 91 and if you're going to be a commuter you may want to be closer to the freeway. Still, tons of people make the commute from those neighborhoods.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:20 PM

7 posts, read 16,800 times
Thanks for the tips and sorry for the inner, fingers and brain not working together today.

Any and all other suggestions welcomed.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:55 PM

19 posts, read 58,161 times
"Non Rush time" is a thing of the past. Live in Irvine or as close to as possible. Many good areas.

Cooler. less smog. GL

Old 07-03-2010, 03:14 AM

8 posts, read 37,771 times
I'd recommend the Eastvale area as at least you would have more options. In most of Corona, your one and only option is the 91, which can be a nightmare. At least in Eastvale you would have two additional options if the 91 is slower than usual. You could take Carbon Canyon through Chino Hills and the head south on Rose towards the 55, or you could even take the 60 to the 57. South Corona would likely be your worst option, as you are essentially forced to take the 15 north to the 91 east, which is among the worst commutes I can imagine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties