Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2010, 12:44 AM

8 posts, read 41,337 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any suggestions on what area might be considered the best, so to speak, in the IE that starts at around $200K for a single family detached home? I've noticed that there are about 6 areas that qualify: Beaumont, Lake Elsinore, Hemet/San Jacinto, Menifee, Perris, and Victorville. My initial perception is that Hemet/San Jacinto and Perris probably have the worst reputations, and that Menifee probably has the best. My issue with Menifee is the traffic. From what I understand, heading north on the 215 into Riverside can be a nightmare. At this point, I'm kinda leaning towards Beaumont, mostly because it seems traffic isn't as bad (maybe because the 10 and 60 offset each other a bit) and because the weather seems better (higher elevation makes for slightly more seasonable weather throughout the year). The idea of an occasional snowfall in the winter and thunderstorm in the summer also seems like it might make life a little more interesting. Anybody know of any issues with Beaumont I might not be aware of? The newer areas seem pretty nice, and it seems like there's a fair amount of stuff to do out there, with Cabazon, Oak Glen, etc. just a few minutes away and Riverside/San Bernardino and Palm Springs about a half hour away. Also, any idea on what area of town might be nicer? Sundance to the north, or Senaca Springs to the south? Finally, am I discounting one of the five other areas too much? I'd love to know what your thought are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 06:57 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,377,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbfan2010 View Post
My issue with Menifee is the traffic. From what I understand, heading north on the 215 into Riverside can be a nightmare.
Not even close to a nightmare! If you commute during rush hour, there are a few miles where you slow down a little, and that might get old if you did it everyday - but it's really not that bad. And the rest of the day it's not a problem at all.

I'm not familiar with Victorville, but I like all the areas in Riverside County that you mentioned. I will say though that of those areas, Menifee would be considered the "most desirable" area to most people.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:14 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,758,544 times
I had a newish house under contract in a nice neighborhood in Temecular for 205k. Wasn't brand new(so it wouldn't qualify for the state tax bonus), but was built in 04. New enough imho. Of course if you have to travel north on the 215 that puts you worse off than Menifee

Old 07-07-2010, 10:18 PM

93 posts, read 264,992 times
Menifee is a nice community for the most part. I work there and many of my coworkers live in Menifee and seem to enjoy it. I, however, live in Temecula; which I love. Menifee is divided into rural parts and suburbs. It is kind of neat, whatever you're looking for you can find. I like the rural part of Menifee. The town definitely has character to it.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:29 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,377,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31st State View Post
Menifee is divided into rural parts and suburbs.
Exactly! And that brings up an excellent point - there is no downtown to Menifee - no Main Street, no town center. It's a relatively new community - it only became an official city in 2008.

San Jacinto was founded in 1870, Hemet in 1887, Perris in 1885, and Lake Elsinore in 1888 - so they are all established cities with downtown areas and history, and community traditions.

Menifee has none of that - as 31st State says above, it's divided into rural and suburban areas, and then there's brand new shopping centers right off the freeway - so if you like that, it's perfect! But if you're looking for a cute downtown, you won't find it...

Old 07-08-2010, 01:25 PM

93 posts, read 264,992 times
Bouncethelight brings up a good point. There is no "downtown." So that should be something to keep in mind when one considers Menifee.

Old 07-17-2010, 02:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,512 times
friend of mine just bought a house around that price in a new community in Lake elsinore for that price. That are is really building up. I wouls check it out while its new and still growing. Check out the home section of the LA times on Sunday for new communities as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties