Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2010, 12:59 PM

14 posts, read 62,691 times

Advertisements

Hey! Wondering whats there to do in Upland?

Anyone have any suggestions, ideas, advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 03:18 PM

107 posts, read 580,290 times
lots to do, what do you like?

ug, just realize i actually know who you are

Old 08-20-2010, 04:01 PM

City of Upland ~ Historic Homes sometimes they have tours of these historic homes.

downtown upland is kinda cool.

as far as "night life" you might wanna use yelp for that.

i heard somewhere there's this welder guy that makes interesting stuff out of his garage... check it out.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:00 PM

3,322 posts, read 7,971,719 times
Just go to Rancho Cucamonga. Upland is a pretty quiet city for the most part. Just do not go to the Circle K...don't remember the street but its in the middle of the ghetto and just residential stuff then boom, Circle K. Went on a ridealong with an Upland officer, lots of shady business at that Circle K.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:21 AM

there are two circle K's in upland. one is on foothill and campus, this one is pretty safe as you're on a busy intersection. the one down by campus and 10fwy is probably the one you're talking about. I've been there once and didn't feel safe at all. lots of shady biz goin' on there, mos' def.

Upland is such a interesting city, we have all sorts here
Hippies, hipsters, rednecks in San Antonio Heights
Rich people living above (but not near) the 210.
middle class and upper middle class between 210 and foothill
we have trailer parks
low, mid and high end apartments, town houses
we also have an housing authority,
and that only covers parts of upland thats north of Foothill.

below foothill is where it gets a little dicey, if you get into the wrong parts of town. Although, the bad parts seems to keep to themselves, and I never seen any problems from the bad parts of upland mixing with the problem-free parts of upland.

anyway, OP is asking about activities...
City of upland puts out a newsletter every quarter, in it are offerings for adult classes and various activities, you can pick one up in library or city hall (if you dont get it already)

There are A LOT of hiking trails (mt. baldy).... i mean A LOT.... i lived in upland for almost 17 years and i'm just finding out about some of these trails. there's also a camping area on baldy. lots of make out spots too.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waggie View Post
lots to do, what do you like?

ug, just realize i actually know who you are

You do? Who are u then?

Old 08-25-2010, 02:26 AM

Quote:
City of Upland ~ Historic Homes sometimes they have tours of these historic homes.

downtown upland is kinda cool.

as far as "night life" you might wanna use yelp for that.

i heard somewhere there's this welder guy that makes interesting stuff out of his garage... check it out.
Thanks! \Yes I've heard a lot about Downtown Upland. Ill check that out

Old 08-25-2010, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Just go to Rancho Cucamonga. Upland is a pretty quiet city for the most part. Just do not go to the Circle K...don't remember the street but its in the middle of the ghetto and just residential stuff then boom, Circle K. Went on a ridealong with an Upland officer, lots of shady business at that Circle K.
Thank you for the tip!

Old 08-25-2010, 02:29 AM

Quote:
there are two circle K's in upland. one is on foothill and campus, this one is pretty safe as you're on a busy intersection. the one down by campus and 10fwy is probably the one you're talking about. I've been there once and didn't feel safe at all. lots of shady biz goin' on there, mos' def.

Upland is such a interesting city, we have all sorts here
Hippies, hipsters, rednecks in San Antonio Heights
Rich people living above (but not near) the 210.
middle class and upper middle class between 210 and foothill
we have trailer parks
low, mid and high end apartments, town houses
we also have an housing authority,
and that only covers parts of upland thats north of Foothill.

below foothill is where it gets a little dicey, if you get into the wrong parts of town. Although, the bad parts seems to keep to themselves, and I never seen any problems from the bad parts of upland mixing with the problem-free parts of upland.

anyway, OP is asking about activities...
City of upland puts out a newsletter every quarter, in it are offerings for adult classes and various activities, you can pick one up in library or city hall (if you dont get it already)

There are A LOT of hiking trails (mt. baldy).... i mean A LOT.... i lived in upland for almost 17 years and i'm just finding out about some of these trails. there's also a camping area on baldy. lots of make out spots too.
Thank you! I actually just recieved the Upland Today, i have been wondering about this for a while, if I get things like this, and I did! Im so happy haha.

Thank you!

Old 08-27-2010, 04:13 PM

451 posts, read 1,324,542 times
What specific questions do you have of Upland? I grew up in Upland and have fond memories and experiences. It is a nice, bedroom community. The nicer parts are north of Foothill Boulevard (and general rule of thumb- it is nicer and safer the further north you get in the city). As I recall from the past, there were Thursday night Farmer's Market or Street Markets in Downtown Upland. The school districts are fairly decent. It is a great place for families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties