Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 02:31 PM

4 posts, read 34,234 times

Advertisements

MY CAR Is sitting at a tow yard waiting for the hold to be taken off from DMV so the police can release if i have proof of insurance , registration paid and no more fees dues should it at least be released to me if i have it towed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 04:56 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,387,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe102283 View Post
MY CAR Is sitting at a tow yard waiting for the hold to be taken off from DMV so the police can release if i have proof of insurance , registration paid and no more fees dues should it at least be released to me if i have it towed
Was it towed by the police? If so, you'll need to go to the police station and get a "release" before going to the tow yard to pick up your car.

The police will need to see proof of ownership. Bring the pink slip, or at least the bill of sale. Also current registration, although, unless that was the reason for the impound, they may cut you some slack on this one.

Most departments won't release the car to you unless there is a driver present with a valid driver's license, so if you do not have a valid DL, bring a friend who does.

Expect to pay double fees. You'll owe money at the PD AND the tow yard. Be prepared to pay $50-100 at the PD, and about $100 per day at the yard.

Good luck.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:28 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,612,996 times
Quote:
Was there a question here?

We do not want your un-insured piece of s*** in our state.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:59 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,578,425 times
Quote:
WHY ! 2 posts on the same problem ????? read your first post , it has the answer to your problem

Old 01-13-2011, 01:13 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,578,425 times
Quote:
What are the laws you ask? . A better question should be how does the D M V have the power to do what they are doing to you and thousands of others? the answer to that is in California Vehicle code 17459 and 17460 . In short it states that when you ( not me because I don't register my vehicles ) sign you signature on the forms for your license and registration you "consent" to them ( D.M.V. ) taking you into a court of "LAW" for violating one or more of their "CODES". Now this may sound ok to many uninformed people but by law this action is a violation of the "FEDERAL FULL DISCLOSURE LAWS " and they ( the D. M. V.) think there is nothing with doing this . They are above the laws of the land . Check it out for your self. Nothing on any DMV form states what you are consenting to .

Last edited by Fighter 1; 01-13-2011 at 01:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties