Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 07:47 PM

239 posts, read 657,355 times

Advertisements

You can look up property taxes on the link provided on the first page but you won't likely see anything labelled mello Roos. That is an old term anyways. You can expect to pay the county/state 1-2% of the property value per year in 2 payments. Some areas have bonds attached to the tax bill for things like sewers, parks, schools, etc. These addition fees will eventually be paid off and no longer be a part of your tax bill. I think the default bong lasts for 20 years from the build date. I could be wrong. Assuming there are no additional bonds/fees most homes are 1.1-1.5%. So on a $400k house expect to pay about $4-6k per year, really it's $2-3k twice a year. Most people have these taxes impounded and included on their mortgage making them less of a sticker shock and thus making monthly payments. I would say that taxes on property here are not that unique for the state of CA, especially if the home is from 1994 or before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 07:21 PM

919 posts, read 843,130 times
I have seen many NOTW stickers on bumpers and back windshields. I understand it's a Christian thing "Not of this world", similar to the Jesus fish on cars owned by Catholics (I believe.) I am not a Christian and it doesn't bother me in the least. It's a pretty unobtrusive promotion of their religion, not like Jehova's Witnesses.
Haven't seen any neo-Nazis in the last 10 years; but from now on I will assume that every bald white guy is a skinhead Random internet posters cannot be wrong.

Old 10-11-2016, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,333 times
I live in Wolf Creek in Temecula, and we have Mello-Roos. And no, we're not neo-nazis, lol!

Old 10-30-2016, 11:45 PM

21 posts, read 57,194 times
There are some brands that are associated with neo-Nazism. Some people who wear these brands may share sentiments with white nationalism. Pick-up trucks often have these stickers on their back window along with the iron cross and such. Personally, I think it's closet racism, but they aren't a menacing force so who cares?

Quote:
In 2010, the Murrieta Valley Unified School District banned Metal Mulisha clothing at its schools, due to graphics resembling Nazi symbols and iconography. Some graphics appearing on Metal Mulisha's clothing line include a skull wearing a helmet resembling one worn by German soldiers in World War II, while on the company’s logo, the “S” in “Mulisha” is represented graphically by a lightning bolt that resembles the double lighting bolts insignia Runic "ᛋᛋ" of the Nazi major paramilitary organization Schutzstaffel, or SS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties