Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 05:49 AM

26,727 posts, read 26,806,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atjl72 View Post
I'd rather go to jail anyway than help the state, county or any city of California. FU California! I am a born n raised so. cal resident, looking to get the hell out of hell soon. As a Cali native...I pray Ca recovers so nobody will want to leave and ruin other states.
Don't let the door hit you on your way out. Hope you're not as angry when you get to OR or WA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 08:51 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,389,384 times
Once you respond or appear, you're dead in the water.

If you NEVER respond, they cannot prove you received the summons. Period. They don't send them out "return receipt requested." I have never responded to a jury summons in my life and have thrown them all away. The people who are being fined are those postponing or responding in some way that proves they received the summons.

How can they fine you when they have absolutely no proof you ever received the letter? Think about it.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:37 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Quote:
I call B.S.

First of all it is not anyone's civic duty to be forced to court when one has committed no crime. They do not pay you what you make at your job. Also, people use your head...HOW CAN THE COURT PROVE YOU RECEIVED A NOTICE??? UMMM, YOU DID NOT SIGN A RECEIPT OF MAIL DELIVERY. Stop being scared. The forced actions of the court and failure to pay your current daily wage should be unconstitutional. I'd rather go to jail anyway than help the state, county or any city of California. FU California!

I am a born n raised so. cal resident, looking to get the hell out of hell soon. Also, I can't stand when the sun-baked morons say that Cali's so great cause your an hour away from the mountains,desert and beach...guess what...in Or and Wa state, you are too and it's much more natural and beautiful! As a Cali native...I pray Ca recovers so nobody will want to leave and ruin other states.
I nominate this as the "feel good post of the year".

Old 02-11-2011, 10:34 AM

458 posts, read 1,263,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I nominate this as the "feel good post of the year".
I will second that motion.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:08 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Quote:

I am a born n raised so. cal resident, looking to get the hell out of hell soon. Also, I can't stand when the sun-baked morons say that Cali's so great cause your an hour away from the mountains,desert and beach...guess what...in Or and Wa state, you are too and it's much more natural and beautiful! As a Cali native...I pray Ca recovers so nobody will want to leave and ruin other states.
Someone went off on a tangent...

Old 02-12-2011, 05:34 AM

39 posts, read 58,376 times
Thank you for nominating me! I felt I had to qualify my above statements, show I am a native So. Cal resident so I have a right to hate! My hate is directed at all the fake people, attitude and general nastiness of So. Cal ONLY...not NOR CAL! There are some good people in So. Cal...not enough!

I feel special, I might win a cd post award! No, I won't let the door hit me in the butt on my way out...CAUSE I'LL BE CRASHING THRU THEM DOORS ON MY WAY OUT!!!

Last edited by atjl72; 02-12-2011 at 05:47 AM..

Old 02-12-2011, 12:57 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Quote:
Thank you for nominating me! I felt I had to qualify my above statements, show I am a native So. Cal resident so I have a right to hate! My hate is directed at all the fake people, attitude and general nastiness of So. Cal ONLY...not NOR CAL! There are some good people in So. Cal...not enough!

I feel special, I might win a cd post award! No, I won't let the door hit me in the butt on my way out...CAUSE I'LL BE CRASHING THRU THEM DOORS ON MY WAY OUT!!!
When you get to wherever you're going, don't burn too many bridges, cuz ................................. you'll probably be back. I left SoCal for a brief stint - wasn't unhappy about SoCal when I left, but I hated where I went and I came back - and I've never been happier to be back. Just so you know, I'm one of the "good people". There are a lot of us good people, you just have to find us and give us a chance. A lot of what you find wrong with other people starts with you. If you project negativity, that's what you're going to find. But - I wish you the best in your quest - wherever you wind up! And ... I'm putting the finishing touches on your award as we speak!

Old 02-12-2011, 01:09 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
When you get to wherever you're going, don't burn too many bridges, cuz ................................. you'll probably be back. I left SoCal for a brief stint - wasn't unhappy about SoCal when I left, but I hated where I went and I came back - and I've never been happier to be back. Just so you know, I'm one of the "good people". There are a lot of us good people, you just have to find us and give us a chance. A lot of what you find wrong with other people starts with you. If you project negativity, that's what you're going to find. But - I wish you the best in your quest - wherever you wind up! And ... I'm putting the finishing touches on your award as we speak!
I'm getting ready to nominate him for his high school yearbook as the classmate most likely to need medication!

Old 02-13-2011, 09:42 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,023,427 times
In some states/counties people are being fined or forced to do community service or jury duty. I did a failure to appear for jury duty search & read some intresting stories.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:58 AM

25 posts, read 90,443 times
You can't and will never get fined, if you do not respond at all. As those about have stated, they can not fine everyone, who does nothing! How many do nothing? None of us will know but it's a lot more then people think. Not everyone is a scared mindless sheep. I have never responded to a jury summons and I never will. For the person that doesn't like S. CA, this is what I have found. It isn't perfect. What place is? None that I have found, and I have lived everywhere, in other countries too. There is no Utopia, have you not found that out yet? There are horrible despicable people in every city and every state in this country, as one or two have said find the good ones, and align yourself with them. I'm doing a freelance project right now for someone that lives outside of Seattle, he is a life long resident, and says he is ready for a change, everything and anywhere starts to get old after a while. That's life, learn to deal with things you can't change, you'll be a lot healthier and happier!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties