Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 11:58 PM

642 posts, read 2,556,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
I've never been selected for a Jury. The key is to act out of the norm. The first thing I do is I put a holy cross pin on. Always tell the judge you are racist or don't trust the government or hear voices in your head or that you are mother teresa reincarnate and you will be let loose lickity split.
I was planning on doing this tomorrow. Glad I am not the only one who thinks this way BTW where do you park? (SB Courthouse)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 03:57 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,043,283 times
Due to health reasons i cant serve jury duty but otherwise i would if i could. The judges have heard all the good & bad excuses & if they know anyone is lying you best be prepared to serve jury duty.

Old 02-29-2012, 04:01 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,636,358 times
Funny. My lawyer told me back in the 70's how to get out of jury duty. The state has to prove you received the summons. Most people give receipt by calling them right back. The jury summons are not served properly. A summons has to be hand delivered. A lot of my mail gets lost in the system.

Old 03-02-2012, 04:51 PM

As far as the courts are concerned once they send out the summons you have been served. No one fights back so the govt gets away with it.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:04 AM

26,764 posts, read 26,880,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
My lawyer told me back in the 70's how to get out of jury duty.
Those rules no longer apply. No one seems to get out of jury duty now. (I remember checking the box, "provide care for minor children," sending the form in and that was the end of it.) The last time I served, there were several people who gave excuses that seemed plausible to me (self employed, child care problems, long commute, students, etc). The judge told all of us that he was sorry but he wasn't listening to any hardship excuses; even he himself had to serve on jury duty.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Those rules no longer apply. No one seems to get out of jury duty now. (I remember checking the box, "provide care for minor children," sending the form in and that was the end of it.) The last time I served, there were several people who gave excuses that seemed plausible to me (self employed, child care problems, long commute, students, etc). The judge told all of us that he was sorry but he wasn't listening to any hardship excuses; even he himself had to serve on jury duty.
But was the judge a hardship ? Ca only pays $15.00 a day after the first day of jury duty & 41 cents a mile one way. Cheap ass state. NY pays $40.00 a day + milage + lunch.

Old 09-16-2012, 05:17 PM

1 posts, read 5,546 times
Default hahaha

well i have jury duty this week on wednesday ...........hell nooo i aint gonna gooo i just got mee a job and i aint about to loose my job ...the jury duty aint gonna get mee money soo i have to work and make my money .............i alreaDY got a failure to apear but you kno itts kinda hard i called in once then i get a failure to appear wen i actually called .......this county is sooooooo dumb.............

Old 09-16-2012, 06:38 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,512,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haterz View Post
well i have jury duty this week on wednesday ...........hell nooo i aint gonna gooo i just got mee a job and i aint about to loose my job ...the jury duty aint gonna get mee money soo i have to work and make my money .............i alreaDY got a failure to apear but you kno itts kinda hard i called in once then i get a failure to appear wen i actually called .......this county is sooooooo dumb.............
You should be shot on sight. Better yet, sent back to grade school to learn to write and spell correctly. Capitalization can be your friend so you don't come across as ignorant. Then again...

Old 09-17-2012, 12:26 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,040,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
As far as the courts are concerned once they send out the summons you have been served. No one fights back so the govt gets away with it.
Ummm - the county needs to prove that a summons was received. Assumption does not = proof. Unless a jury summons is hand delivered and a signature of receipt is provided or it is sent certified mail(too expensive and the counties won't do it) then they have no evidence that you received a summons.

The FTA notices are just scare tactics - the court may have a record that they sent you something - but unless they can prove that you received it - they can't compel you to appear. Why do you think that one has to sign a traffic citation? Answer: because your signature acknowledges that you will appear in court. Unless you sign a jury summons - the court cannot prove that you received it.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:32 PM

A lady in yucaipa ignored her jury duty summons (failure to appear) & was arrested & jailed for 1 day. She was also fined $150.00. The police actually went to her home to arrest her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties