Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 12:57 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,551,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolutionrules View Post
a small thermonuclear device also is very effective. all you need to do is push the button. no safety class required either (who needs safety classes?). not sure about the waiting period but maybe you know a guy who knows a guy who has a cousin from germany.
Did you get beat up in Germany? Get rejected in a Germany nightclub? Or are you just trying to get under another user's skin? It's pretty wacky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2011, 01:26 PM

209 posts, read 749,531 times
just poking booboo. she lives here in temecula but is german european and she hates everything about temecula and american culture in general and isn't afraid to tell us. so i poke fun at her hoping she will become aware of her sweeping generalizations, possibly racist (certainly prejudiced) and ridiculous attitudes. but it hasn't worked. yet.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:34 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,551,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolutionrules View Post
just poking booboo. she lives here in temecula but is german european and she hates everything about temecula and american culture in general and isn't afraid to tell us. so i poke fun at her hoping she will become aware of her sweeping generalizations, possibly racist (certainly prejudiced) and ridiculous attitudes. but it hasn't worked. yet.
Ahhh, I see. I won't live in Temecula forever. Only because I want to move somewhere further north closer to wilderness, salmon fishing, hunting, green, etc. That said, Temecula is one heck of a city for its size. Not every place is suitable for everyone though. I guess the other poster is trying to tell us Temecula is a crime haven, but the media is keeping it all a secret? That's pretty far out there.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:34 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
I hier ya.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:40 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,251,117 times
After reading just the title of the thread I came on here to recommend buying the gun before the home invasion.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:45 PM

209 posts, read 749,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
Ahhh, I see. I won't live in Temecula forever. Only because I want to move somewhere further north closer to wilderness, salmon fishing, hunting, green, etc. That said, Temecula is one heck of a city for its size. Not every place is suitable for everyone though. I guess the other poster is trying to tell us Temecula is a crime haven, but the media is keeping it all a secret? That's pretty far out there.

i grew up in canada. doesn't get much better for wilderness, salmon, hunting etc. and we all had guns. just not hand guns

Old 03-02-2011, 02:48 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fontucky View Post
i hier ya.
:d

Old 03-02-2011, 03:41 PM

2,208 posts, read 1,835,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
You will to provide a link to these "studies". I call bs.

Best weapon for home defense is dogs. Followed by a shotgun. 10 day waiting period still applies but no handgun safety class. Get a short barrel with a pistol grip, easy to handle in a hallway. Go to Turners Outdoorsman or Wallmart.

Avoid birdshot. Use buck shot or slugs. They even make a shot shell with discs and buckshot.
I already provided the citation for the study. You can check it out at your local university library or on jstor. I paid for the article.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:43 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
This is a knee jerk reaction, esp. when studies have shown that you have MORE of a chance of YOUR gun being used on you during a home invasion. Great protection!
I like knee jerk reactions when the bad guy gets hurt. Very little chance any of my guns will be used against me in a home invasion. I spent 12 years in the military, eight in law enforcement and have a concealed carry permit. Training in lieu of actual experience does wonders and can make anyone safer if they have half a brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
This all adds up to a knee jerk reaction to two rare events that happened near the poster's home. Statistically, there is no need to buy a gun in this case.
I'm sure the families who were victimized by home invasions will be comforted by your voodoo statistics. Why, they'll probably question if it really happened at all.

OP! Aren't you more comfortable now that calibrol has explained his philosophy to you?

Old 03-02-2011, 05:48 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
They even make a shot shell with discs and buckshot.
And a new one with a hollow point slug and three pellets that come first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties