Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 12:10 AM

8 posts, read 94,816 times

Advertisements

Both towns are nice. From a police officer's standpoint (I am one), Murrieta is one of the safest cities in the United States. Both cities are well-balanced, but Temecula has a lot more amenities to choose from, as it has a regional mall and surrounding tag-along stores. However, Murrieta is an excellent bedroom community with good leadership. This entire area seems to be a mini-bible belt, which I consider a positive aspect. The biggest asset that I can personally see is the involvement, overall, that parents have with their children. Very few Section 8s in either city. Something to consider.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2011, 04:34 PM

48 posts, read 122,124 times
Wow, this thread stayed seriously alive! Real Estate here is booming right now because of interest rates are so low. But the community has only grown and become even better. I posted originally that I would probably move to South Temecula. As a real estate agent, I get to see it all in the area and we are so happy with the schools and people that we are actually going to start shopping for a new home in Murrieta instead. So I think I originally posted back in 2008 but things have changed and the family loves the area!

I would consider commute as well since Temecula is closer to San Diego while Murrieta is a bit closer to Riverside and Orange County. I have a lot of clients that commute to both and lately Orange County has come up a lot.

Moderator cut: advertising

Last edited by Count David; 10-11-2011 at 08:08 PM.. Reason: advertising

Old 08-06-2013, 07:12 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,776,406 times
I know this is an old thread but some of the posts are absurd. We have lived in Murrieta for 11 years and love it. I don't differentiate between Temecula and Murrieta as they real are 1 city. The argument that Temecula has Old Town, The Promenade Mall, Pechanga, and the Wine country is true but it is a moot point because we can and do enjoy those places just as much as somebody living in Temecula. Murrieta has far superior medical facilities. The point is it doesn't matter which one you live in as they are both nice. We live in a beautiful area and do NOT have to pay any Mello Roos or fees. When we were looking for a home 11 years ago, we started looking in Temecula but found exactly what we wanted in Murrieta. We don't like south Temecula because of the wind every afternoon.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:40 AM

17 posts, read 46,200 times
The posters that swear by Temecula obviously live in Temecula and the posters that swear by Murrieta live in Murrieta. The areas are geographically the same. Temecula homes are slightly higher in cost because those few miles can save you 20-30 minutes on your commute to San Diego or Camp Pendleton which is where most people generally work. Just take the drive and look around. Compare taxes on similar sized homes and you will get an idea. They are not vastly different but Temecula residents seem to think they live in the Riverside equivalent to Irvine. News flash, its still Riverside county and hot as the sun in the summer but its the best bang for your buck in California. The schools are identical as far as state API and Murrieta technically is a safer city but they both are extremely safe. The mall on Winchester road has supported the commercial growth of that area but other than the mall and Pechanga they are the same. Dont drink the Temecula is Irvine kool aid from the lemmings.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:37 PM

2,209 posts, read 7,656,129 times
Which one is better for older retired people?

Old 10-29-2013, 11:31 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,552,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTudo View Post
Which one is better for older retired people?
As JohnSoCal states, there isn't a whole lot of difference between the two. I just moved away from Temecula. I thought it was a great place. I believe it has one of the highest bang for the buck factors in CA. There actually is a difference between the two cities, but there are no borders or checkpoints around Temecula. You can live in Murrieta and enjoy the wineries as easily as someone living in Temecula. I'd let your budget guide you. If you are retiring in a good financial position, I'd live in the Temecula wine country region. A good friend of mine lives there and he is retired. The wineries have a lot of events that seemed to be geared towards the older set. The wine country is beautiful. While driving to the Amalfi Coast in Italy this summer, we stayed a night at some country inn in Tuscany. I felt like I was back in Temecula wine country. Temecula is underrated.

I think Temecula offers more for the person who doesn't care for the newer subdivisions. It has plenty of them, but it also has plenty of nice older subdivisions with mature trees and homes that aren't within spitting difference of one another. I could never live in the newer subdivisions. Some people love them.

Let your finances guide you. If you have the $$$ then buy a home in wine country. You'll love it. If you are on a tighter budget then buy where it best fits your budget. It won't make a hoot of difference whether it's Temecula or Murrieta.

Old 10-29-2013, 11:41 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,552,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
I know this is an old thread but some of the posts are absurd. We have lived in Murrieta for 11 years and love it. I don't differentiate between Temecula and Murrieta as they real are 1 city. The argument that Temecula has Old Town, The Promenade Mall, Pechanga, and the Wine country is true but it is a moot point because we can and do enjoy those places just as much as somebody living in Temecula. Murrieta has far superior medical facilities. The point is it doesn't matter which one you live in as they are both nice. We live in a beautiful area and do NOT have to pay any Mello Roos or fees. When we were looking for a home 11 years ago, we started looking in Temecula but found exactly what we wanted in Murrieta. We don't like south Temecula because of the wind every afternoon.
That is what many Temecula residents find attractive. It's what creates the perception that Temecula is a tad cooler than its neighboring towns. It's why the wine country exists. The breeze from the Rainbow Gap hits a good part of Temecula. It's like turning on a cool fan in the afternoon. I was in central Temecula and it hit my house quite well come mid to late afternoon.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:29 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,776,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarawayDJ View Post
That is what many Temecula residents find attractive. It's what creates the perception that Temecula is a tad cooler than its neighboring towns. It's why the wine country exists. The breeze from the Rainbow Gap hits a good part of Temecula. It's like turning on a cool fan in the afternoon. I was in central Temecula and it hit my house quite well come mid to late afternoon.
This all may be true but my wife and I don't like the afternoon wind.

Old 05-25-2015, 01:07 AM

1 posts, read 985 times
I noticed all these posts were 2008-2013. We are now in 2015, so I'm curious of the changes since then? We are thinking of moving to Murrieta or Temecula. I'm more concerned with the schools...I want the best academic schools I can find. Please advise. TYIA

Old 05-25-2015, 07:48 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,395,410 times
If you have children, I would compare the activites/classes for each city

https://online.activenetwork.com/mur...tart/Start.asp

It's Wonderful to Live in Temecula!

Hands down Temecula has more classes and activities than Murrieta. Murrieta residents can sign up for classes in Temecula after registration has opened for Temecula - but most things are filled by then.

Over time - I think Temecula has and will continue to pull ahead. The mall, Costco, Old Town, all the hotel taxes, car dealerships, restaurants - all that tax revenue makes for a much better quality of life in Temecula.

The cities are right next to each other but - it is prettier and greener in Temecula, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties