Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 01:02 AM

10 posts, read 63,143 times

Advertisements

ive looked into moving into the murrieta/temecula area, but which one is better. Which city has better schools?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 08:24 PM

239 posts, read 660,757 times
Temecula is better. Period.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:26 PM

2 posts, read 25,851 times
Default temecula or murretta

they're both the same. pops. over 100,000 and bad traffic! I 15 and I 215 horrid.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:10 PM

58 posts, read 372,493 times
Temecula is more like S.D.
Murrieta is more like the Inland Empire....(for now!) I know it's right there but SOME people drive the raised trucks and have the tough guy tattoo's like you see in East County (S.D). My Fiancee bought a place in Murrieta.....and I work/live in S.D. so this is just my opinion. If I had to choose I would take Temecula any day! (For quality and class take Temecula.)

Old 07-06-2008, 07:42 PM

44 posts, read 171,302 times
Moving into the area from Portland, Or. Have researched as much as I can, but as always, you can read, but there is nothing like info from "locals". What are the pros/cons for moving to Murrieta or Temecula?. Schools, safety, jobs, lifestyle-parks, weather, etc. I am looking forward to the sunshine, but what about the weather during fall and winter? Will not have a job when I first arrive, so how is the economy for banking, waitress, starbucks, that type of thing? Online, the economy is looking good but that does not match up with the foreclosures. Is there an asian community? any china town stores/restaurants? Starbucks on every corner? To grocery shop, are there a lot of options close?
Not familiar with Mello Roos and other taxes/assessments you have. Are they expensive, and everywhere? Can a person with an income of $30k a year have any kind of life or are you outpriced?
I sure appreciate any help.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:50 AM

365 posts, read 1,418,941 times
Temecula has better schools and is a little more developed, but both cities are very similar to each other.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:13 PM

451 posts, read 1,323,727 times
[quote=LAX_Airport;1281538]Temecula is more like S.D.
Murrieta is more like the Inland Empire....(for now!) I know it's right there but SOME people drive the raised trucks and have the tough guy tattoo's like you see in East County (S.D). QUOTE]

I thought that was hilarious how you characterize the people in Murrieta and the I.E., but there is some truth to that.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:16 PM

451 posts, read 1,323,727 times
"Temecula is more like S.D. Murrieta is more like the Inland Empire....(for now!) I know it's right there but SOME people drive the raised trucks and have the tough guy tattoo's like you see in East County"

I thought that was hilarious how you characterize the people in Murrieta and the I.E., but there is some truth to that.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:23 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,905,198 times
Temecula and Murrieta are exactly the same. Murrieta is not more like the Inland Empire, they both have the same character. Both have the same masterplan communities. Both have views of the mountains. Temecula has Pechanga and the vineyards, but Murietta is only one town over. Really they are just one lump of suburbia. They both have identical demographics. They are kind of the unofficial twin cities of the region.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:29 PM

1 posts, read 21,234 times
They are not exactly the same. Temecula wins hands down. Better schools, better representation, nicer grocery stores. I live in Texas now but when I return it will be to Temecula.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties