Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 02:25 PM

9 posts, read 11,444 times

Advertisements

I just moved out of temecula after 20 years of living there and I would NEVER go back. IMO Temecula was great until the [mod cut] from san diego, la and oc decided it was ok to move to temecula. By and large these are the same people idaho, tx etc.. don't want moving to their states and for good reason.

And then there's the traffic, road rage...felt like a combat zone.

Last edited by volosong; 05-08-2020 at 08:11 AM.. Reason: expletive deleted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2020, 03:16 PM

1,726 posts, read 1,722,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
But Temecula is just so hot in the summer. 10 years ago when we moved here from the east coast Temecula housing was relatively affordable. Not so much now. We found a place in San Diego within the coastal zone and the weather is great.
Temecula is certainly hotter than coastal San Diego County in the summertime; however, Temecula is not nearly as hot as Palm Springs and other desert cities. In the core summer months, daily low temperatures in Temecula typically hover in the high 50's and low 60's, whereas daily low temperatures in the nearby Coachella Valley rarely dip below 75 degrees. Also, throughout much of June, Temecula experiences the "June Gloom" phenomenon, consistent with the rest of Southern California, which moderates daily high temperatures. I have close friends who reside in Temecula, and they and their neighbors heat their swimming pools throughout much of the summer.

Old 04-26-2020, 03:40 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Temecula is spared the uncomfortably hot nighttime temps by dint of the Rainbow Gap allowing the marine influence to settle in.

Old 04-26-2020, 03:40 PM

9 posts, read 11,444 times
IMO the worst of the weather for temecula runs for about 2 months from late july through mid-september or so. August can be pretty miserable (hot, often stagnant air), but the rest of the year the weather is generally really nice.

I will say at times I found myself saying: great, another sunny day - particularly in dry years.

It's nice to have a cloudy day once in a while.

As for june gloom I'd say more like may gray, sure it could run into June.

Interestingly I've experienced 45 degree days and hail in June and also 100+ in June.

Old 04-26-2020, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airtime1 View Post
IMO Temecula was great until the [mod cut] from san diego, la and oc decided it was ok to move to temecula.
You can see the OC transplant influence by the trillions of Christian churches that dot the landscape.

Last edited by volosong; 05-08-2020 at 08:13 AM..

Old 04-30-2020, 06:32 PM

22 posts, read 31,011 times
IOWA ? I think the reason Malcom started this post is because he is jealous of all the people that live in Temecula that don't have to move to a death trap like Iowa. And are you guys serious about the traffic here? Come on! Have you ever driven in LA or OC ? I live in La Cresta and it takes me 15 minutes every morning and evening to get to and from work which is off of Rancho Calif Road. It's a breeze.

Old 05-02-2020, 03:13 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,576,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirVineS View Post
IOWA ? I think the reason Malcom started this post is because he is jealous of all the people that live in Temecula that don't have to move to a death trap like Iowa. And are you guys serious about the traffic here? Come on! Have you ever driven in LA or OC ? I live in La Cresta and it takes me 15 minutes every morning and evening to get to and from work which is off of Rancho Calif Road. It's a breeze.
You live in Temecula farm country. Most people haven't found La Cresta yet.

Old 05-04-2020, 01:03 PM

3,416 posts, read 2,459,101 times
Quote:
I just moved out of temecula after 20 years of living there and I would NEVER go back. IMO Temecula was great until the [mod cut] from san diego, la and oc decided it was ok to move to temecula. By and large these are the same people idaho, tx etc.. don't want moving to their states and for good reason.

The irony is you were once viewed the same as those you despise so much now. I had a slew of friends move there from San Diego in the late 90’s to early 00’s and they weren’t exactly welcomed with open arms (to their face at least). They’d tell me how everyone was already in full complaint mode about it getting overrun by the time they got there. It’s the same sentiment I’ve heard from friends of mine that grew up there in the 80’s & 90’s and now live in San Diego.

Last edited by volosong; 05-08-2020 at 08:14 AM..

Old 05-04-2020, 09:27 PM

You should have heard what the small town Temecula farmers and ranchers had to say about the newcomers when the subdivision boom of the late seventies ushered in the endless blight of earth tone tract homes and traffic problems.

No more this:

Old 05-07-2020, 05:14 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,947,274 times
Quote:

I always like the westside downtown historic Temecula area (west of 15 freeway). Drive over Main St. bridge to Pujol St., it feels like a small, but a party town, similar to downtown Durango, CO. No traffic jams too. I think the homes there should worth $1 million and more soon. It's a gold mine. Once you pass the 15 freeway east to suburbs Temecula, it all looks fake to me.

Last edited by volosong; 05-08-2020 at 08:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties