Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 02:11 PM

15 posts, read 78,605 times

Advertisements

I lived in Hemet for a good 6 years, but yea temecula is crap. All I ever saw when I went there were wiggers and white people and an occasional asian. Everyone was superficial and the parties there sucked. Not diverse enough for me. Now I live in Virginia which is about 20x worse than Temecula.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 10:14 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
You know Temecula was the one place i alwyas found my self dreaming about, now i hear from all you that you hate it. I always thought the place was so beautiful to look at and so new. Nice Schools brand new larger homes for a decent price, plenty of shopping all around, and those wonderful wineries all over Temecula. And PECHANGA for your entertainment, what more could you want, you tell me. How is the housing market there right now, has your home prices declined as in Riverside, or are you holding steady. Please let me know.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:26 PM

187 posts, read 636,140 times
I have just moved to Temecula on thanksgiving.It is not so green like North California (i used to live around Napa before i came from Europe),but i like it.We found a beautiful house with own great swimmingpool,in avery pretty neighborhood and i love the palm trees hier around, is close to shopping,schools. I decided for margarita middle school,because from all the schools,i was totally impressed from the principale.She is absolutely great and i know my child is in the best hands with her.My child is highly gifted and she is very open and helpful,if i need,she will help us accelerate,even take classes in high school.I was very impressed from the principale and teh great welcome.
First house i saw was in the rolling stones of de Luz (although the house was absolutely beautiful with a huge pool and first class interiors),i would not live there,even if you pay me,because i felt ,it so lifeless everything around,i did not like it all.I liked Crown hills and also very much Chardonnay hills,were we intend to buy in 12,18 months.

There are many posibilities in and around Temecula.I think,it is also good situated between LA and San Diego,i do not mind the traffic.Where we live is not much traffic and i can live with the traffic around margarita middle school at pick up,because i come from a big german city (and my american husby has to commute not me ;-)but he wanted to come back to usa,so he should not complain and he does not.He got a very high position and it was worth).As long as i live in a nice,safe,pretty neighborhood,i do not mind the traffic around school.

I saw areas around Temecula,where i would not enjoy to live,but fortunately,we have the possibility to live in a great neighborhood and i think this plays also a factor,if you like Temecula or not.I think,it is about taste and like in all America,it is hier too all about money.If you have more money,you can live in a better or teh best neighborhood,can have a better life,can see temecula in a different light.If you struggle financially,you live in a worse neighborhood,you have a harder life and of course you see everything more different.
I heart all type of opinions before i came hier,my advice would be,COME AND SEE WITH YOUR EYES.You can see ,if you like it,you can see,what you can afford,what not and so on.TASTE IS DIFFERENT.Your own opinion is the best.

Last edited by Buburuza 1313; 12-07-2009 at 12:38 PM..

Old 12-07-2009, 08:05 PM

664 posts, read 1,946,498 times
I can see some of the appeal. We have a lot of military friends who choose to buy a home out there because they could get a great home out there vs what you could get here in Oceanside or areas around the base. I have heard the schools are better than Oside ones as well. That being said, the heat and far proximity to the beach and traffic was a deal breaker for us. Mostly the distance to and from the beach. I have heard people say they can get to the beach in a half hour from Temecula. I think it would be more around 45-50 min with the traffic out there. The 15 is awful. But if the beach is not your cup of tea and you do not mind the heat then you could get a really nice house there.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:03 PM

3 posts, read 16,911 times
I have to agree, I have been here 15 years and Temecula SUCKS!!! just a melting pot for those that can't afford to buy in the ghettos in San Diego or LA. The people and government here are so close minded, the traffic is horrible and the schools rate lower than 3rd world countries. Temecula is the finest ghetto is riverside county a bunch of wannabes fooling themselves that Temecula is Orange co. It is not! Just another GHETTO in the making!

Old 05-04-2010, 06:19 PM

493 posts, read 1,447,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind new faces. But when you put tons of people in a crowded space and folks start turning up their noses driving their BMWs cause they live in Temecula, then that's my time to leave.

I just hope it doesn't happen to me in Iowa.
No problem - BMW doesn't make a tractor.

Old 05-04-2010, 06:29 PM

212 posts, read 640,880 times
OP: let me get this straight- you've moved away, and you're done with Temecula, but you still feel the need to create a post to bash it? Wow, don't you think it's time to move on and forget it already, and start enjoying your new life with your family instead of living in the past?

To the other posters who live there now and hate it - There is an innovative procedure that you can undertake to alleviate any suffering due to living in Temecula (although with the OP it didn't really take): it's called MOVING.

I lived in Riverside for over two years, and didn't really like it, but you know, I'm grown-up enough to admit there are some really nice things about Riverside. Maybe you posters who hate so much should take another look around.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:51 AM

73 posts, read 306,054 times
The two major things that make Temecula bad:

1) Attitude. Everyone thinks they're big players, when they forget that they live in a sleeper town in the middle of the desert. Nothing wrong with that but let's be humble about it and not pretend you're a big shot. If you were a big shot, you wouldn't be living in Temecula.

2) Traffic. Temecula has the traffic congestion of a much higher populated city, without the actual population.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:54 PM

2,131 posts, read 4,914,517 times
You think it's bad now? Wait a few years until the construction picks up. I predict one million people between Temecula and Murrieta in the next decade. The worst part is there will probably be no improvements in roads or transit.

I want out. NOW.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:35 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathegg88 View Post
OP: let me get this straight- you've moved away, and you're done with Temecula, but you still feel the need to create a post to bash it?
There's a lot of that here. I don't understand it. It's almost as if they're jilted lovers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties