Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2011, 09:57 PM

2 posts, read 3,085 times

Advertisements

Due to the great suggestions of the posters in this forum, (CJSmom & others) we found a great house & community in Helendale that has somewhat lessen (?) my guilt from taking my tweeners kids away from their friends & activities in Las Vegas. But before my hubby & I make a final decision on committing on this house we saw this past weekend & signing a lease we would appreciate your input for more communities like Silver Lakes.

Are there any other know of other communities like Silver Lakes (Helendale) that is closer to Ft. Irwin? My husband has had his toes on his right foot amputated from this last deployment to Iraq & is looking at another possible amputation only much worse now, below his right knee. He's still able to drive but I'd like to put less stress on that right leg as much as possible so the commute is a bit of worrisome for me. Taking the bus is not an option because his day is usually filled up with doctors' appointments.

We are exploring at the option of living on base housing but then my husband would worry about my commute from Ft. Irwin to town. I would be seeking employment at the local hospitals in the nearby towns & I usually work graveyard shifts so I can spend quality time with my family.

I've looked for rental homes in Silverado Heights (off Rimrock) in Barstow community like our Vegas broker suggested but I haven't found any listings so far.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties