Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2011, 11:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,040 times

Advertisements

Hi - my family and I are thinking of a move to Riverside (or the area). We currently live in Colorado Springs CO, but would like to closer to the water, without giving up the mountains and sunshine. My wife and I have two small boys (ages 4 & 5). We are a mixed race family (white and black). We are ideologically moderate, but left-leaning. We love to be outdoors - trail running, hiking, skiing, watersports, etc. Based on this description, would we enjoy living in the area? After reading through the posts it seems like a toss-up - looking for some 'on the ground' opinions.

Also...we've lived in Houston TX, Norman OK, Salt Lake City UT, Manhattan KS, & Colorado Springs, so any refernce to those cities/places would be helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 07:22 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
I'd suggest you visit the area first to see if it's a place you'd enjoy. You didn't mention anything about work, is that a concern?

I live in Denver, and grew up in the Inland Empire. When comparing apples to apples, IMO Colorado Springs is nicer than the IE, but there is a lot more at your disposal in the IE. In the IE, you won't have snow (but can see it on the mountains), you won't have summer T-storms, it'll never be cold, and it'll be much warmer throughout the year. It will also cost more, there will be more traffic, smog, and the job market will be worse.

Your background, politics, and interests are suitable for the area. Some of the outdoor activities will be a hour or more drive away. The beach will be at least 45 minutes away (best case scenario), no matter where in the IE you live.

IMO, if you've survived any of those other places on your list, the IE would be a piece of cake.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:29 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
26 is cold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 08:29 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,939,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
26 is cold.
that sounds like our high for Thursday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties