Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 07:51 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,378,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
We have been cheated out of a winter this year
I wouldn't mind if we were cheated out of winter every year! I like long days and lots of sun, and the while we do get more sun in winter than most places, the days are still way too short for my taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
MY favorite 6 months of the year are sept-march.
My favorite months are March through October!

Seriously though, maybe if you turned on your air conditioning more often you might like summer more? It was invented to make our lives better - and more productive - and there is absolutely nothing wrong with using it. Most people get a LOT more accomplished if they are comfortable, temperature-wise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 01:51 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,021,443 times
I have a downdraft 1/2 hp cooler. I just dont use it until i absolutely have to. I do though use my fans. I do have a old 220 window a/c but its a major power user & its noisy. Some people love summers & some dont. When i lived in salinas years ago the summers were cool & foggy. It was nice & i regreted moving back to the IE (riverside & redlands). At least in yucaipa the summer nights are usually comfortable.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:25 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,020,576 times
Thanks for the feedback. Tomorrow is the big day, my flight leaves for Phoenix. I'll see if it captures my interest in the way that LA did. I know that's a tall order to fill, but the combination of a large metro in the Sonoran Desert just might be appealing. I guess I'm kind of extreme though, if I was to live in LA I want to be right in Hollywood. I felt like a movie star there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrmsd View Post
AZ is a good thought-tucson, as well as phoenix-and it's 2 hours south of phx, so you can check it out while you're there! otherwise, palmsprings, as others said.....

It's not quite desert, but you could try temecula and murrieta, in south riverside county. the location is suitable for 60 min drives to san diego proper and less than that to north SD county beaches. Desert and mountains are close by, as well. Better than san bernardino, decent air quality, dry enough but not parched dry. I mean, I know FLA is super humid; i come from the east coast originally, but you don't need to go the complete opposite end of the spectrum to enjoy drier temps. I was just in AZ last week, and I love it, but man is it DRY. However, if you are looking for less green, then near palm springs, so you will have the job opportunities. Heck, what about Fresno, for that matter? Bakersfield? All pretty brown, dry and industrial!
Good luck to you-sounds like you are heading in the right direction!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltoncity View Post
I moved here from Florida and my asthma and allergies are sooo much better. I am not sick as much and don't have to live with my emergency inhaler at all times. The stuff about SB is correct. I would not assume because you can take care of yourself you will be fine anywhere; I have seen that get people into trouble. Moreno Valley and Riverside County might be right. SD is not so far. Definitely a different vibe then LA. Sounds like Phoenix is a good fit though.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:41 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert_scene View Post
if I was to live in LA I want to be right in Hollywood. I felt like a movie star there.
What a noob.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
What a noob.
Ha...ha.

Old 03-07-2012, 05:58 PM

Turn that frown upside down!

Old 03-15-2012, 10:01 PM

36 posts, read 82,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert_scene View Post
Ha...ha.
I'm sure he/she means that in a nice way

I get the appeal of parts of southern california such as Hollywood. The thing to keep in mind though is that it's not that affordable to live there, at least in the areas that aren't dicey.

Best of luck with your search.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:11 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,050,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Maybe we need a Winter. This has been a sorry excuse for one.
Come up and see us, it will be at least a foot of snow this weekend.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:38 AM

Quick update you all, I got back from that trip to Phoenix and I absolutely liked it there.
//www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...l#post23441963

I've been posting threads about how I hate humidity and how I love dry weather. Well that place is dry alright! It's awesome in a way, I mean you can step in the shade and be instantly cool. You can be in the sun and you know you're sweating, it just never builds up. One thing though, I'd have to take some preventative measures to keep my skin and sinuses drying out. Not to sound vain but I'm well into my late 30's and people still mistake me for 20's. I wouldn't want to age myself out there.

But I wouldn't mind moving out there after college. After a year if I liked it, I could buy a house for dirt cheap.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:01 AM

Come Summer, you'll see why they call it "Valley of the Sun."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties