Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 07:07 PM

13 posts, read 110,520 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me if in Moreno Valley different ethnicities live pretty much mixed together in the same area or does each ethnicity have a predominant area in the city?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 08:06 PM

170 posts, read 129,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay in LA View Post
Can anyone tell me if in Moreno Valley different ethnicities live pretty much mixed together in the same area or does each ethnicity have a predominant area in the city?
It's pretty mixed, but more Whites live in the NW (Sunnymead Ranch) and SE (Rancho Belago) than in other parts of town.

Old 07-14-2012, 08:30 AM

20 posts, read 113,327 times
Default Bad move

Moreno Valley is, unfortunately a pit. I used to live there. There is a Calvary Chapel there, so that is the best part of it.
Smoggy, gangs, messy, and it does have a mix of ethnicities with hispanics about 40 percent, african americans 20 percent and white 40 percent.
Consider Murrieta or Temecula about 40 miles south.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:02 AM

3,532 posts, read 6,420,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calimom5 View Post
Moreno Valley is, unfortunately a pit. I used to live there. There is a Calvary Chapel there, so that is the best part of it.
Smoggy, gangs, messy, and it does have a mix of ethnicities with hispanics about 40 percent, african americans 20 percent and white 40 percent.
Murrieta and Temecula aren't the same towns that they were 10 years ago. I was shocked when a person told me that Temecula has low income apartments. I know every city has to have low income housing but this area of Temecula reminded me of inner city Los Angeles, bad parts of Moval, and bad parts of San Berdo.

To me, where you live and how you live in the city is what matters. It's just sad that some people would rather ghettorize a town instead of trying to preserve its niceness. What I have noticed about so CA is that most cities start off nice, and then most don't stay nice. Why is that?

Old 07-28-2013, 09:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,827 times
Hello everyone. Iam a new resident of MV ( the rancho begalo) area. Iam just tryin to get some feedback and see where are the good and bad areas?

Old 07-28-2013, 09:36 PM

121 posts, read 289,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Murrieta and Temecula aren't the same towns that they were 10 years ago.
FWIW, Murrieta has been in the top 10 safest cities in the COUNTRY fbi stats for almost 8 years in a row. Temecula in 2011 ranked #2 for the first time. If you're suggesting they used to be even safer, I don't see how that's possible. Also, Murrieta's median income has spiked in the past 3 years it is now sitting at $80k median family income. As a comparison, Irvine's median income is $84k.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:44 PM

199 posts, read 400,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUOK? View Post
It's pretty mixed, but more Whites live in the NW (Sunnymead Ranch) and SE (Rancho Belago) than in other parts of town.
And, not surprisingly, those two ends of town are claimed to be the best parts of Moreno Valley. What does that tell you? Stereotypes exist for a reason... because they're true.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:32 PM

122 posts, read 193,472 times
Reche Canyon is on the far side of Moreno Valley. It's got the best school for elementary age kids and is rural in the middle of Colton/San Bernardino then on the other end is Moreno Valley.

You can look up the address you want to live at and match it up to crime maps (I think Crimemapping.com?)

I grew up in Mo Val back when it was unincorporated and half was Sunnymead and the other half was Edgemont.

I would suggest a gated community if you're going with apartments. Which apartment complex are you looking at moving to?

Old 07-29-2013, 09:30 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,881,626 times
Pretty easy to figure out. In Southern California, the cheaper a neighborhood, the worse it is. The opposite is true as well. Moreno Valley is mostly more affordable than other locations in SoCal, therefore it's mostly worse than other SoCal locations.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:39 PM

428 posts, read 848,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calimom5 View Post
Your numbers are off. According to the 2010 U.S. census which is the most recent accurate count Moreno Valley was: 54.4% hispanic, 20.2 African American, 18.9% non hispanic white, and 7.7% asian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties