Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 06:17 PM

199 posts, read 398,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissStateDawg View Post
Your numbers are off. According to the 2010 U.S. census which is the most recent accurate count Moreno Valley was: 54.4% hispanic, 20.2 African American, 18.9% non hispanic white, and 7.7% asian.
80+% minority and a hellhole to live in. Do you see any correlation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 02:42 AM

13 posts, read 110,232 times
Mashi, it's quite obvious you don't like or even hate minorities, but most people are not racists and don't mind.
===================
Get the current numbers here:
Moreno Valley (city) QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Moreno Valley % - California %
White alone, percent, 2010 (a) 41.9% 57.6%

Black or African American alone, percent, 2010 (a) 18.0% 6.2%

Asian alone, percent, 2010 (a) 6.1% 13.0%

Hispanic or Latino, percent, 2010 (b) 54.4% 37.6%

White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent, 2010 18.9% 40.1%
====================

Look at that 23% white Hispanics, might be shocking to some, but yes, there are white Hispanics and some can be as racists as non-Hispanic whites.
You should try Argentina or Uruguay, the countries with the highest percentages of whites in the Americas.

Los Angeles is much more expensive and there are some areas in LA that are far worse.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:11 PM

433 posts, read 844,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashi View Post
80+% minority and a hellhole to live in. Do you see any correlation?
You might want to tone down that racism dude. Really need to get that checked out it is not mentally healthy.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:13 PM

433 posts, read 844,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay in LA View Post
Mashi, it's quite obvious you don't like or even hate minorities, but most people are not racists and don't mind.
===================
Get the current numbers here:
Moreno Valley (city) QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Moreno Valley % - California %
White alone, percent, 2010 (a) 41.9% 57.6%

Black or African American alone, percent, 2010 (a) 18.0% 6.2%

Asian alone, percent, 2010 (a) 6.1% 13.0%

Hispanic or Latino, percent, 2010 (b) 54.4% 37.6%

White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent, 2010 18.9% 40.1%
====================

Look at that 23% white Hispanics, might be shocking to some, but yes, there are white Hispanics and some can be as racists as non-Hispanic whites.
You should try Argentina or Uruguay, the countries with the highest percentages of whites in the Americas.

Los Angeles is much more expensive and there are some areas in LA that are far worse.
I used race alone or in combination with from the U.S. census 2010 except for the White population. You know America's whole one drop rule.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:24 AM

199 posts, read 398,165 times
It's not racist if it's true. Predominately white neighborhoods are usually nicer, more well-kept, safer, etc. than most minority neighborhoods. That's a FACT, from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. But, according to some of you, that FACT should be thrown out because it doesn't suit your agenda of whitewashing everyone and pretending that Compton is no different than Calabasas. It's not my fault some people can't get their crap together. The formula is quite simple: Respect yourself, respect your neighbors, go to school, contribute something worthwhile to society, don't steal, kill, or sell drugs. <--- Recipe for success right there. Don't accuse me of racism. Accuse the bad apples that insist on living up to the stereotypes.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:59 AM

13 posts, read 110,232 times
Mashi, would you ever consider moving to a very nice area where 70%/80%+ of the population is black?

Old 11-21-2014, 09:22 PM

99 posts, read 568,350 times
I know this is an old thread, but Moreno Valley has nearly 200,000 people. Any city that big, can go from soup to nuts. Most of MV is quite nice, safe, with spacious housing. Yes... most of it. Unfortunately, when a place is affordable and is no longer mostly white, unsophisticated white Americans call it a ghetto. Edgemont is the ghetto, but everything north of the 60 is safe, nice, attractive, well-kept - Box Springs, Hidden Springs, Sunnymead Ranch, east of Sunnymead ranch & to a lesser extent, everything else east & on down south, which would be Rancho Belago. There are also pockets in the middle. One small area - Edgemont -is not so great. There's never any reason to drive through Edgemont, though.

To put things in perspective, according to city-data, the median household income in Hidden Springs in 2011 is $86,000. Rancho Cucamonga... $77,000. If MV was so horrible, these people could easily afford to live with those poorer folks in Rancho Cucamonga. Why would a family who makes $86,000/year choose to stay in such a 'horrible ghetto,' if they could easily afford Rancho Cucamonga? Let that sink in. HS seems to be more white than anything else, but it's still over 50% non-white. That so many non-whites can live in a safe, affluent area upsets a lot of folks for some reason. A place like Ladera Heights (90056) would really upset them. LOL

You need to understand what MV has gone through over the last 24 years. It took off in the late 80s/early 90s. Houses being built all over the place. The downturn in the early 90s hit MV very hard as, at the time, it was the fastest growing city, so all of those folks snatching up large, new homes were suddenly upside down. This resulted in lots of foreclosures which resulted in an even greater loss of equity and value for those who remained. Which made many of them jump ship or offer their house up for rental. Then the closure of March Air Force Base took another toll on the city. This explains why property is so cheap in the city. If that wasn't enough, the housing crash in 2007 dropped prices dramatically on a city that had already been hit a few times in recent years. In some LA neighborhoods, prices dropped $200,000 over that year. Seeing as MV is cheaper, you can imagine that those houses really didn't hold much value. So, once again, folks were upside down. It became the foreclosure capital.

What happens when large houses can be had for $200,000? Poor folks from LA start coming, trying to escape themselves. So, what might look like an affluent area, because of the size of the houses, upon closer inspection, is really a blue collar neighborhood. Rancho Belago are a prime example. Tons of very large new homes for $200,000-300,000. You don't expect to see so many pick up trucks and gardeners owning houses so large. That's just it. Being large & new doesn't make an affluent neighborhood. So, although RB is actually safe and pleasant, it's not an affluent area. There's so much empty graded off land from failed developments. So many houses for rent. So many foreclosures. So many pick-ups and poor-looking families, but it's still safe, spacious and clean. It's kind of alarming to see the kinds of people who walk out of these 3,000sf homes.

You get a lot more for you money in Rancho Belago. There are many 2000sf homes in the $200,000s. What's more common is a 3,000sf home that is worth $300,000, but is being rented for $1700/month. On the very highest end, I'm talking a 4,500sf house on 1/2 an acre for $550,000. A 4,800sf house for $480,000. So, much of RB consists of blue collar folks and renters in quite large homes. Contrary to what some might think, RB is not the nicest or most affluent area, but it is a nice place.

So, the best parts of MV are north of the 60fwy. Box Springs abuts the mountain, which is great for hiking. It's the first neighborhood you enter from the west. It's closest to shopping. It has views & spacious, well-kept homes. Hidden Springs is probably the most exclusive (or at least tied w/Sunnymead Ranch. It's hidden behind the mountain, abuts an unincorporated area with ranch homes and burros. It's extremely quiet and has no cross traffic. It's probably safer and quieter that most of Rancho Cucamonga, in fact. Sunnymead Ranch is the biggest and most well-known nice area of MV. Lakes, views, large homes, close to shopping & freeways, safe. It's still very affordable for what you get, compared to most cities. That's because of MV's history, not because it's unsafe or undesirable. Unlike Rancho Belago, there a plenty of trees and much better shopping. RB is 'out there'. Graded, but undeveloped fields, not the best shopping. It looks like a "more for your money" type of place.

Towngate is just south of the 60fwy & the shopping area. It's a great area for singles and young couples because you can walk to so much shopping and so many restaurants. Lots of very nice condos & apartments. It's the most convenient, walkable area.

So, yes, MV is actually nice. Most of it is nice. Avoid Edgemont and anything too close by. If you do a Google street view of Edgemont, it looks poorer than any ghetto in LA. The central area has pockets of average tract homes and some run down places. Rancho Belago is clean, new and spacious. Towngate is wonderful for more of a city feel. Hidden Springs, Sunnymead Ranch & Box Springs are considered the stars of the show. However, the area east of Sunnymead Ranch (still north of 60) has older, very large ranch homes on large lots, with views and tons of foliage. In my book, this area is the Grande Dame. Not the typical tan, two-story tract home that was built during any boom period. It's very tasteful & doesn't have lots of through traffic. It has more of a rural feel. Rancho Belago doesn't feel rural because it's quite barren.

So, no, Moreno Valley isn't that bad. Much of it is quite nice, affordable, diverse and safe. You know, Oakland, CA gets a bad rap because it's has a high crime district and it's mostly non-white. In fact, most of Oakland is quite nice. Why else would there be so many million dollar homes in Montclair, Rockridge, Skyline, etc? Anyone who thinks MV is a pit, is going be here say and assumptions, not by spending much time there.

Last edited by proteus; 11-21-2014 at 09:31 PM.. Reason: Add stats

Old 11-24-2014, 04:58 PM

109 posts, read 140,526 times
Wow, great and accurate post proteus. Just wondering, do you live in Moreno Valley? Which part? I've lived in Rancho Belago (Moreno Valley Ranch) since 2002, when we bought one of those new houses. Although I'd say our house is one of the smaller builds in the RB area compared to ones just across Iris from us. Lived in Moreno Valley my whole life believe it or not. We used to live around the intersection of Iris and Indian by the base and moved because the area seemed to be getting worse to my mom. We also wanted a bigger house. Totally agree about the only area of MoVal is Edgemont. It really is a poor area and has been for decades. While the central and southern parts of Moval aren't exactly "desireable" or "nice" (they're typically working class neighborhoods), they aren't as crime ridden as an inner city like LA. Though if anyone is choosing to move here, definitely check out the areas mentioned above as well as RB. RB is very similar to Sunnymead Ranch imo, in that it's part of a homeowners association, the houses are kept up, and there's generally less crime than the rest of the city. Better school also (though still not the best). Only difference between RB and Sunnymead is the larger, new houses, more foreclosures (unfortunately) and much more diverse demographics. Though don't let that scare you off, as most of my neighbors seem to be very nice people. Diverse does not always mean more dangerous!

Old 12-02-2014, 06:52 PM

99 posts, read 568,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by des91 View Post
Wow, great and accurate post proteus. Just wondering, do you live in Moreno Valley? Which part? I've lived in Rancho Belago (Moreno Valley Ranch) since 2002, when we bought one of those new houses. Although I'd say our house is one of the smaller builds in the RB area compared to ones just across Iris from us. Lived in Moreno Valley my whole life believe it or not. We used to live around the intersection of Iris and Indian by the base and moved because the area seemed to be getting worse to my mom. We also wanted a bigger house. Totally agree about the only area of MoVal is Edgemont. It really is a poor area and has been for decades. While the central and southern parts of Moval aren't exactly "desireable" or "nice" (they're typically working class neighborhoods), they aren't as crime ridden as an inner city like LA. Though if anyone is choosing to move here, definitely check out the areas mentioned above as well as RB. RB is very similar to Sunnymead Ranch imo, in that it's part of a homeowners association, the houses are kept up, and there's generally less crime than the rest of the city. Better school also (though still not the best). Only difference between RB and Sunnymead is the larger, new houses, more foreclosures (unfortunately) and much more diverse demographics. Though don't let that scare you off, as most of my neighbors seem to be very nice people. Diverse does not always mean more dangerous!
Thanks. I don't live in Moreno Valley, but I own two investment properties there.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:54 PM

2 posts, read 5,919 times
Moreno Valley sucks! I moved there in 1985 and pretty much grew up there. There is no opportunity there, almost everyone works outside the city as my parents did. I have had friends get murdered there and friends that have murdered in which they are locked up.The Crimes there are 1 too many murders there and its actually known as Mo Murda Valley. Moreno Valley is a hell hole in which I see a lot of my friends still living there cant get out. My parents still live there and I dread the drive there. I moved away in 2003 and stayed away ever since. Now living in Chino Hills with Kids, I would never ever even think of raising my kids there. I don't care how cheap and big the houses are there, the quality of life there sucks and its too far from everything. There is absolutely nothing to do there and for entertainment you have to drive far. Look at the majority of the good shopping centers there are actually in riverside so how are they even supporting the city? With a bunch of swapmeets at every corner? What a joke! Do not move there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties